Anyone thought of building a connected drive server?

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
This is what I already implemented at my own server. Works for CIC+Combox via customer mobile over Bluetooth and via ECALL with local SIM card. I can provide content for some forum members who is able to code CIC and Combox to work via customer mobile and load provisioning using tool32 without pushing me at each step. Your VIN, E-mail, Telegram, Skype and preferred language (EN/DE/RU/PL) to private messages. And don't try to reuse VIN with many cars please, system will kick you off.

Attachments

• cds_1.jpg
    cds_1.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 185
  • cds_2.jpg
    cds_2.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 144
  • cds_3.jpg
    cds_3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 123

AstroZ

Lurker
Apr 17, 2021
This is what I already implemented at my own server. Works for CIC+Combox via customer mobile over Bluetooth and via ECALL with local SIM card. I can provide content for some forum members who is able to code CIC and Combox to work via customer mobile and load provisioning using tool32 without pushing me at each step. Your VIN, E-mail, Telegram, Skype and preferred language (EN/DE/RU/PL) to private messages. And don't try to reuse VIN with many cars please, system will kick you off.
PM sent :)

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
Internet is working to, just I'm not so dumb to give access via my proxy to any random person. Made SSL conversion at squid to bypass old version limitation in CIC firmware.

Attachments

• inet.jpg
    inet.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: AstroZ

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
And I have no plans to share source code after so big work. Only content providing for personal use available.

Reactions: AstroZ

AstroZ

Lurker
Apr 17, 2021
Internet is working to, just I'm not so dumb to give access via my proxy to any random person. Made SSL conversion at squid to bypass old version limitation in CIC firmware.
Cool!

Tried it today but does not seem to be working. I tried update services, which gave internet and online as active. Have not tried it since I got it working last week.

Do the setting need to be changed?

Deadknight

Lurker
Jul 29, 2017
And I have no plans to share source code after so big work. Only content providing for personal use available.
If you don't want to share source, providing basic documentation to workaround you do to connect cic to external server would be enough. There are people that can reverse engineer and develop server after that. I believe this is what this topic is for.

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
Cool!

Tried it today but does not seem to be working. I tried update services, which gave internet and online as active. Have not tried it since I got it working last week.

Do the setting need to be changed?
I never offered to anybody full customer support, even promised access to content AS-IS. Spend some YOUR time playing with YOUR car to investigate and solve problem.
As for internet... looks like you're not trusted person for such service...

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
If you don't want to share source, providing basic documentation to workaround you do to connect cic to external server would be enough. There are people that can reverse engineer and develop server after that. I believe this is what this topic is for.
At which point I started to owe something and those people can't start to reverse original BMW products? Which point made you thinking I'm interested in somebody to make same much more easy?

AstroZ

Lurker
Apr 17, 2021
I never offered to anybody full customer support, even promised access to content AS-IS. Spend some YOUR time playing with YOUR car to investigate and solve problem.
OK I thought I would ask as YOUR server was only partly working (weather only). the car is completely fine thank you!

As for internet... looks like you're not trusted person for such service...
I'm not sure what you mean by "trusted" but whatever. I'll live.

Drive50

May 12, 2021
Ride
BMW 650
Good afternoon guys. You have made serious progress. Maybe some of you were able to activate RTTI? Thank you.

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
Good afternoon guys. You have made serious progress. Maybe some of you were able to activate RTTI? Thank you.

<tpeg>
<active>0</active>
<uplink_url/>
<downlink_url/>
<interval/>
<countries/>
</tpeg>

Set tag <active> to 1 and it will be active. Development of traffic info delivery itself to car not easy technical task, much easy and cheap to rent flat near to work :)))

Reactions: Drive50

Drive50

May 12, 2021
Ride
BMW 650
<tpeg>
<active>0</active>
<uplink_url/>
<downlink_url/>
<interval/>
<countries/>
</tpeg>

Set tag <active> to 1 and it will be active. Development of traffic info delivery itself to car not easy technical task, much easy and cheap to rent flat near to work :)))
Thank you. But I know how to apply this solution for NBT, but I don’t know how to apply it for CIC (combox). I found schreiben_ota in the combox (I suspect it's here). I'm trying to send data there. Tool says 'ok', but the data does not change in ota_lesen. upppps. Maybe I'm on the wrong way. Thanks for any information.

p.s. I'll look for a house closer to work, but I still have to go to the shops for beer …:)

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
Are you sure it was implemented by BMW for CIC+Combox at all? I tried personalradio and looks like there is only nice menus is CIC but nothing in CBX even those tag exists in config. Personally I saw working traffic info via radio tuner only.
For sure IDA will help you, but probably you will just not have time for "beer" then ;)

Drive50

May 12, 2021
Ride
BMW 650
Are you sure it was implemented by BMW for CIC+Combox at all?
Thank you.
I myself have not seen, but here https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/rtti-working-on-03-2011-f11.926908/ they write that it was implemented. Of course, this method no longer works. I think that if change IP address at which the combox is trying to update services(proxy 160.46.255.1 and url b2v.bmwgroup.de/com/mainprov/prov.do). Take from NBT(proxy 192.109.187.193 and url b2v.bmwgroup.us/com/mainprov/prov.do), then something might work out. Unfortunately, I can't change the IP address in combox ...

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
Those description is for car with active ConnectedDrive subscription via original sim-card. Since you trying replace European proxy with US proxy I would ask if you have Combox 4G LTE with such sim-card in your car?

Drive50

May 12, 2021
Ride
BMW 650
Thank you. I have combox 4g, and I don't know if simcard is active in it. But it is not important. It is important that I do not know how to change the addresses that I wrote about earlier. The method indicated at bimmerfest no longer works even with working sim card.

volaltd

Private
Feb 21, 2019
Ride
E60 LCI
CBX 4g available only in US, with AT&T sim-card and using US proxy IP by default. You can get OTA config from /HBProvisioningDyn/ProvOTABackUp.xml file. Default config available at /HBProvisioning/xml/*.xml and set via coding. I will not help getting inside CBX QNX sorry, it's on your own.

Reactions: Drive50

Drive50

May 12, 2021
Ride
BMW 650
CBX 4g available only in US, with AT&T sim-card and using US proxy IP by default. You can get OTA config from /HBProvisioningDyn/ProvOTABackUp.xml file. Default config available at /HBProvisioning/xml/*.xml and set via coding. I will not help getting inside CBX QNX sorry, it's on your own.
Many thanks. When you know the direction, it's easier to move. Have a nice day.