Analyze a Log Thread - N54

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I often see people requesting logs to be looked over. While this has been done since the beginning of time, I felt that we could use one here to help consolidate them but also for people to continue to learn. Gleaning bits of insight from others is how that information gets passed on, so if you have a log you'd like looked at or you can give your two cents on a log, feel free to participate!

NOTE: Please post the www.datazap.me graphical format and attach the CSV for better responses.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I often see people requesting logs to be looked over. While this has been done since the beginning of time, I felt that we could use one here to help consolidate them but also for people to continue to learn. Gleaning bits of insight from others is how that information gets passed on, so if you have a log you'd like looked at or you can give your two cents on a log, feel free to participate!

NOTE: Please use the www.datazap.me graphical format, please do not upload a CSV.

That counts me out.. Idk why I love the csv format maybe I just like the exact numbers all I front of me

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT

Glad to see I wasn't the only one lol
It just seems to easy to moss the tiny details with data zap. At least for me anyways. With the csv it's much easier to plot that this happened as this point as well as this.. Its also easier for me to see that if something happens as a cause or a reaction..

2 votes so far for csv allowed @doublespaces lol

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Can anyone give me some input on my log? Just want to make sure everything looks good. In addition what is considered a safe "AFR" ? 3rd gear, map 5 93 oct, just reset adaptions before that because i changed an O2.

http://datazap.me/u/deadlocked/log-1...log=0&data=1-4
Regarding your bank 1 and bank 2 AFRs dancing so much..
Let the car sit overnight and in the morning pull the spark plugs and see if any of them are wet. Could be just a leaking injector. Happened on my personal car not long ago. Once I replaced it my AFRs were back to normal.

Also, 14AFRs are kinda lean especially for 93 octane alone. I'm not sure about the JB4 side of things but, have you ensured your user settings are correct in the firmware? Also, do you run any type of backend flash? By the looks of your log you could greatly benefit from one. The tune looks extremely conservative. also, cut on logging for cylinder correction across the board.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Regarding your bank 1 and bank 2 AFRs dancing so much..
Let the car sit overnight and in the morning pull the spark plugs and see if any of them are wet. Could be just a leaking injector. Happened on my personal car not long ago. Once I replaced it my AFRs were back to normal.

Also, 14AFRs are kinda lean especially for 93 octane alone. I'm not sure about the JB4 side of things but, have you ensured your user settings are correct in the firmware? Also, do you run any type of backend flash? By the looks of your log you could greatly benefit from one. The tune looks extremely conservative. also, cut on logging for cylinder correction across the board.

If he just reset adaptations he's gonna need a few pulls before they become relevant

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
If he just reset adaptations he's gonna need a few pulls before they become relevant
Are you talking about the variation between the banks AFR or the AFR average in general during the pull? The pull should reflect what the target is in the map itself. Then again, I don't use a JB4 anymore and, haven't looked into what the maps target anymore. Hints why I was asking in regards to the BEF if one was ran.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Are you talking about the variation between the banks AFR or the AFR average in general during the pull? The pull should reflect what the target is in the map itself. Then again, I don't use a JB4 anymore and, haven't looked into what the maps target anymore. Hints why I was asking in regards to the BEF if one was ran.
No in regard to resetting dme adaptations.. I wouldn't trust a first pull if that's what that was. When reset to zero they are gonna take a bit to work them selves out in the same way when you switch maps
Mat or may not be his case but I wouldn't trust that if it's a first pull after clearing adaptations that's all :)

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
No in regard to resetting dme adaptations.. I wouldn't trust a first pull if that's what that was. When reset to zero they are gonna take a bit to work them selves out in the same way when you switch maps
Mat or may not be his case but I wouldn't trust that if it's a first pull after clearing adaptations that's all :)
True.. Wonder if we can get an update from him. If it isn't then I'd make him a BEF for free with adjusted AFR tables.

If I was running 14:1~ with 93 alone I'd be a little worried myself haha

e30sherm

Private
Nov 7, 2016
USA
Ride
'08 135i, 95 318ti M52 swapped
Hey guys, was wondering if anyone could take a look at my logs. Just started playing around with e85 mixtures after upgrading my lpfp and lpfp sensor.

Attachments

• 2018-03-05 18_45_22.csv
    14.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 2018-03-03 18_23_57.csv
    10.6 KB · Views: 180

Tuppidsay

Corporal
Aug 3, 2017
Seattle, WA
Ride
2008 535i
I haven't posted a log lately. Here's a link with 3 separate pulls in it. My biggest issue lately is that the meth line used to hit almost straight up. You can see in these 3 that meth is rolling on. Sometimes better and sometimes really bad. Usually leads to timing drops.... Not sure why. Thanks to all that take a peak.

https://datazap.me/u/tuppidsay/162?log=0&data=1-4

Vncung

Mar 1, 2018
Ride
07 335i
For some reason i get an error msg when uploading the csv file

Last time I datalogged, got 30ff code so i replaced all vacuum hose. It seems to fix it.

Please help with my new datalog

https://datazap.me/u/vncung/07-335i-...=23&zoom=18-54

A little background
70k miles original twin turbos
Kn air filter, other wise completely stock.
4gal of e85 and 7gal of 91acn every time for the last 4 months
E25 mhd ots map version 7