Technical Alive Counter for Electronically Controlled Fuel Pump

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Was digging through some things with NCSEpert and seen this one. It's deactivated on my car.

Best I can figure it it's a list of what computers the car has and are active. I come to this conclusion because things like PDC, start stop assist, electronic steering, etc and all also turned off. Actually of all the computers turned of, sans EKP, I don't have.

I wanted to turn it on and see what happens. But I'm playing it safe and asking first. LOL

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
You're going to get codes, or maybe it won't do anything depending on if the Vehicle Order gets updated.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
But all of our cars have an EKP already, which is where my confusion stems from.
And I'm not aware of a VO/FA code for the EKP. From my understanding those things are options. The EKP isn't an option. It's needed for the car to run.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
Was digging through some things with NCSEpert and seen this one. It's deactivated on my car.

Best I can figure it it's a list of what computers the car has and are active. I come to this conclusion because things like PDC, start stop assist, electronic steering, etc and all also turned off. Actually of all the computers turned of, sans EKP, I don't have.

I wanted to turn it on and see what happens. But I'm playing it safe and asking first. LOL
Could this be referring to hpfp being mechanical and is only used on non di cars?