Sudden LP pump switch off

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Hi everyone ! Long time no see.

I'm getting a very weird issue since i upgraded to B58 coils, while driving all of a sudden, LP shuts off and engine dies. The issue never happens when i'm flooring it, always at low to mid RPM on very light loads.
After letting the car sleep for 5-10min, she starts back like nothing happened. I know what people are going to say, EKP overheating but i am convinced the LP dying is the consequence of a more subtle problem.

Has anyeone faced such an issue before ?

Thanks !

Traf

Sergeant
Aug 3, 2017
Ride
135i
Interesting. Why not the EKP?
Multiple reasons:
-It does not happen when the demand on the EKP is the highest
-It happens sometimes when the car is barely warm, so no harsh driving, EKP should not be hot
-It started happening after the B58 coils

Now, i'm a not running the inline resistance like the one you find in the stock B58 coil boot, could it be causing electrical noise ? Idk

I have another EKP so i will try swapping it, just to be 100% sure, but it's risky because the car leaves me stranded and it can be dangerous.

Reactions: ShocknAwe

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Multiple reasons:
-It does not happen when the demand on the EKP is the highest
-It happens sometimes when the car is barely warm, so no harsh driving, EKP should not be hot
-It started happening after the B58 coils

Now, i'm a not running the inline resistance like the one you find in the stock B58 coil boot, could it be causing electrical noise ? Idk

I have another EKP so i will try swapping it, just to be 100% sure, but it's risky because the car leaves me stranded and it can be dangerous.

DIY B58 coil conversion?