ADE 6870 335i hits 802 @ 30 psi

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Just noticed you are on the dyno with your MT Street SS's. Those things are known to explode on the dyno and MT has explained the reason behind this. They've also said the tires aren't to be run at all after experiencing a full power dyno pull. This is MT SS8 technical bulletin. The reasoning behind this is because a dyno creates a concave contact patch inverting their tire rubber over the dyno rollers (slight reverse arc in the tire tread created by the radius of the dyno roller) causing extreme heating beyond what the tire was designed for. Anyone who owns a dyno should know this is a big no-no, and is a well known issue. If you've never seen a tire explosion on a dyno here you go.

ive seen one come close, scary shit, never seen a radial baloon like a bias ply!

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Just noticed you are on the dyno with your MT Street SS's. Those things are known to explode on the dyno and MT has explained the reason behind this. They've also said the tires aren't to be run at all after experiencing a full power dyno pull. This is MT SS8 technical bulletin. The reasoning behind this is because a dyno creates a concave contact patch inverting their tire rubber over the dyno rollers (slight reverse arc in the tire tread created by the radius of the dyno roller) causing extreme heating beyond what the tire was designed for. Anyone who owns a dyno should know this is a big no-no, and is a well known issue. If you've never seen a tire explosion on a dyno here you go.

Thanks I am using R888 now I shredded the mickeys.

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
From what I've seen its very hard to hit 1000whp on the 6870. I know a couple of people who went that turbo and eventually had to step up to the 7175 or 7285. It just falls on its face on the top end.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
@M3RCLESS (Amit P.) provided us with some footage of his work in progress car. They are aiming for 40+ PSI and have yet to use the nitrous, the latest run came at 30psi:

Mod list:

Also special thanks to:

@AD-ENG
Horsepower Barn
Force Fed Engineering
@WedgePerformance
Fab Factory - @A4RingedONE8T
@m18performance
S&K Speed
Not to be the one to point this out, but the tuner himself told me it was on 35 psi, not 30. So its posted on the interwebs, and its magically 5 psi less boost..:)

DC50BDAA-95E1-4A2A-B890-74627835CA2F.png

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
From what I've seen its very hard to hit 1000whp on the 6870. I know a couple of people who went that turbo and eventually had to step up to the 7175 or 7285. It just falls on its face on the top end.
I mean just look at the EMP graph if you even believe them. For 919 or whatever it was, the graph was falling on its face up top. The 6870 is not a 1000WHP turbo on the N54.

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
Not to be the one to point this out, but the tuner himself told me it was on 35 psi, not 30. So its posted on the interwebs, and its magically 5 psi less boost..:)

The 800hp mark was at 30.7psi. By red line 34.X and rolling over hard. Needs lots of attention up top (which is good as there is potential for big gains on minimal work).

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
smh , why not encourage people to do better and raise the platform than look to discredit everyone. It seems like you try to shit in everyone’s cereal , take a break. Not everyone was born with the ability to install your turbos and go to the moon. No need for a comeback , carry on with your day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omar@VaderSolutions
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
LOL. Shake your head, yes shake your head at you posting bullshit boost numbers of 30 PSI, when the tuner, wait the TUNER is publically stating it was 35 psi. I mean anything to make it seem like its going to make more power. How about a log, or are we the only ones who actually post logs of our big power runs? Seems like the answer is B. SMH

This is not a knock anyone except the dipshit who posted it was at 30 psi. If peak boost in the run was 35 psi, the run was 35 psi. 2+2 = 3

Dec 27, 2016
Ride
2010 e90 335i
That whole 35psi issue was my fault on facebook. I reposted the dyno video for the car owner and got the number mixed up.

Pretty awesome build since not many people have taken it this far.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Looks like we had a ninja Edit, so I will edit as well. We can play nice. Again how about a log? Seems like a reasonable request

I do agree. The build is badass. The catch can is very cool, and nicely done

M3RCLESS

Private
Dec 10, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
LOL. Shake your head, yes shake your head at you posting bullshit boost numbers of 30 PSI, when the tuner, wait the TUNER is publically stating it was 35 psi. I mean anything to make it seem like its going to make more power. How about a log, or are we the only ones who actually post logs of our big power runs? Seems like the answer is B. SMH

This is not a knock anyone except the dipshit who posted it was at 30 psi. If peak boost in the run was 35 psi, the run was 35 psi. 2+2 = 3
Hey shitbox , let me explain this to you. This is not my life , this is fun for me. I could give a fuck if it’s 30 or 35 , when I am done I will make more power than any of your shitbox cars that you have rigged together to make your #s. Fact is you have been doing this longer and can’t stand that people will make more than you. Get over it. Everyone thinks you are an asshole. It can’t be everyone is wrong can it ?

Zef_G

Dec 12, 2017
Ride
09 335i coupe ST
who cares if the car was at 100psi its making jam! regardless.....but if I built and sold shit parts id be pretty butt hurt to when i see other succeeding thank god i don't lol haters gonna hate!