30FF/possible to unstick wastegate?

lituga

Lurker
Jul 3, 2020
Hey all,

I've had 30ff codes getting progressively worse and at lower boost levels for the last 12 months. At first I figured it was just a boost leak due to still hitting 13/14 psi, but now I am down to about 0 and will pop a code anytime even moderate throttle is above 3k. I just replaced the boost solenoids as that solved someone else's similar problem. No difference

When I start the car now it's louder which makes me think one or both of the wastegates is stuck open. As I pull away after starting the engine has very odd surging throttle/oscillations until about 10 mph at which point it works itself out. I was running MHD stage 1 but am back on stage 0/stock until I can figure this out.

IF the turbos ARE shot or actuators are blown, are there any downsides to driving the car around like this besides <200 whp?

lituga

Lurker
Jul 3, 2020
weird. The drive right after installing boost solenoids did nothing, but after taking her for a spin today all the boost felt like it was back! Maybe I should have reset some adaptation values after that or the new PCV valve I put in?

The second drive after the new solenoids seem to have fixed the problem. Wasn't really going to push it tonight bc wasn't in the mood for 30FF PTSD but I went 70% throttle. WOT coming soon