2018 VTT New Product Release Thread

titium

Private
Nov 8, 2016
Australia
If you want to send them in, we offer updates to the new wheels at no charge and cover shipping for you. Problem is, some of the wheels never give any issues, others would lose a fin in a short time. Its honestly been a bit of a nightmare, and having our own wheels cast was the only way to ensure no more issues. There are other turbo vendors announcing new offerings with the same wheels, they know very well there is an issue with, and instead of fixing it, they just ignore it and blame things like 2-step, burble tunes, NLS etc for the failures, and void warranties. Once we realized there was a real issue, it was no questions asked we would make it right at no cost to the customer. The issue was/is very real, and it cost us in the neighborhood of 6 figures to get it taken care of. Thank god it is behind us.

Do the current gc /gc lites for sale come with the updated wheel?

Christian87n

Private
Feb 19, 2018
Ride
2012 335is
Any solid timeline for the outlets? Are they the same size as the silicone ones? I have TFT inlets, any idea if the aluminum outlets will fit. Hard to tell from pictures, so I don’t know if they’ll be in the way of each other.

Reactions: Red90
Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
Any solid timeline for the outlets? Are they the same size as the silicone ones? I have TFT inlets, any idea if the aluminum outlets will fit. Hard to tell from pictures, so I don’t know if they’ll be in the way of each other.

Still looking end of Q1 -so, soon. The stock aluminum outlet is about a 1" hole, and opens up to 1.25" tubing. Ours is 1.5" tubing. Not sure about fitment with TFT, I have no experience with their products, but if they don't interfere with the stock or silicone outlets, and you have adequate clearance (allowing for increased diameter), you should be good.