2009 E93 ADE Single Turbo Build

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
EDIT: I've added a guide on how to install the AD Engineering Single Turbo Kit in the document section: https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/documents/ad-engineering-single-turbo-install-diy.29/

So I received my AD-E Single Turbo kit in the mail today from @AD-ENG and everything seems to be in order. I went with the 6266 Gen2 which should be arriving in a separate box.

Speaking of box:
IMG_20161213_131403.jpg

It came packaged up nicely with lots of packing. Everything was double wrapped and taped and wound up as you'd expect. The delivery people have not been kind to many of my deliveries lately. This box had a small dent in the corner but from what I can tell that has had zero impact on the parts inside:
IMG_20161213_134357.jpg
That is a lot of packing!

I'm electing to have a 3.5" downpipe made to eliminate the single->dual->single->dual transitions. And of course the centerpiece:

IMG_20161213_134459.jpg

Currently the goal is to do this myself. I've got lots of things going on and I'm also moving at the end of the month on top of the holidays and my conventions so we'll see if I can make time.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Sexy. Would have been my option for a bottom mount.
Some misc. items you can grab/double check you have ready/look in to while you make time for install.
-Mac solenoid
-Red RTV
-BMW coolant and distilled water
-Teflon tape (DO NOT USE ON ALUMINUM FITTINGS THO)
-Push lock air fittings (so much better then silicone replacements)
-Gold heat tape (not sure if needed w bottom mount)
-ADV sensors (stock sensors burn up QUICK)

Congrats man!

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
AD kit comes with a motor mount if not mistaken.

Yea, I replaced all those when I did mine. It really isn't much to replace pump/tstat so looking back I probably would have waited since mine had been replaced 15k miles previously.

Side note: slightly used pump and tstat f.s. :rolleyes: Damn boxes of parts in garage are out of control.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
AD kit comes with a motor mount if not mistaken.

Yea, I replaced all those when I did mine. It really isn't much to replace pump/tstat so looking back I probably would have waited since mine had been replaced 15k miles previously.
It comes with one mount. I am not too fond of any NVH so if I replaced the other, it would need to be mild. I know there are 335is mounts, how do they compare?

Last edited:

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Can look in to Brisk silver plugs, been using them for 10k and LOVE them. I TRIED to get a misfire code (long story) by giving plug a gigantic gap and it still wouldn't. These are N54 compatible but require this socket.

https://www.briskracing.com/perform...sk-premium-thin-wall-spark-plug-socket-detail

BRISK Silver Racing QR10S (ngk 9 equivalent)
https://www.briskracing.com/brisk-silver-racing-qr10s-spark-plug-detail
BRISK Silver Racing QR08S (ngk 10 equivalent)
https://www.briskracing.com/brisk-silver-racing-q08s-spark-plug-detail

I run the QR12LS

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Can look in to Brisk silver plugs, been using them for 10k and LOVE them. I TRIED to get a misfire code (long story) by giving plug a gigantic gap and it still wouldn't. These are N54 compatible but require this socket.

https://www.briskracing.com/perform...sk-premium-thin-wall-spark-plug-socket-detail

I run the QR12LS
Nothing has better conductivity (in spark plugs) than silver. Great plugs

• Informative
Reactions: Zerokool and R.G.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
The adv sensors are by Chris @CKI right? I'm not sure the ade kit has a problem burning them up?

Yep that's him @CKI
It's not just the sensors burning up it is the placement of the sensor pre turbo vs post turbo. They do not act right due to the pressure they are expecting to operate under vs actual. This was a huge headache that was causing a lot of issues with my short term trims that ultimately with Chris's help and those modified LSU4 sensors finally resolved. That and the fact my kit burned through two OEM sets in 3k miles. There is a reason those sensors are so widely used in motorsport.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area

I run the QR12LS
Not to hijack the post, but I have a set of these with about 900 feet on them. Garbage. Put them in went around the block, at 30 psi the amount of spark induced misfires made the car sound like a machine gun. Pulled into the shop replaced them with 5992's, did nothing else, and volia back to a perfectly running 750WHP N54, I will never use a set of these again. If anyone wants them $100 plus shipping. As I said 900 feet on them. Please dont start on prob not gapped right etc, etc. I have a $200 gapping tool I use on all my plugs, each one is gapped perfectly. These plugs simply failed at the boost, ad power I run. Not to mention the nightware of being sent the wrong plugs, then not being told you need a special socket, so making my own in the lathe, etc, etc, etc. All for 900 feet of misfire city. Hey Brisk thanks for nothing

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Not to hijack the post, but I have a set of these with about 900 feet on them. Garbage. Put them in went around the block, at 30 psi the amount of spark induced misfires made the car sound like a machine gun. Pulled into the shop replaced them with 5992's, did nothing else, and volia back to a perfectly running 750WHP N54, I will never use a set of these again. If anyone wants them $100 plus shipping. As I said 900 feet on them. Please dont start on prob not gapped right etc, etc. I have a $200 gapping tool I use on all my plugs, each one is gapped perfectly. These plugs simply failed at the boost, ad power I run. Not to mention the nightware of being sent the wrong plugs, then not being told you need a special socket, so making my own in the lathe, etc, etc, etc. All for 900 feet of misfire city. Hey Brisk thanks for nothing

Guess I'll stay with tried and true.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5

They are run on a lot more powerful builds then our sub 1k N54's lol, they probably fubar'd the order and sent you snowmobile plugs.

I wouldn't bother with the drivers side mount until you get up and running. The included AD-e passenger mount is solid, I would suggest just getting up and running for 500 miles and then make any adjustments/changes.

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
They are run on a lot more powerful builds then our sub 1k N54's lol, they probably fubar'd the order and sent you snowmobile plugs.

I wouldn't bother with the drivers side mount until you get up and running. The included AD-e passenger mount is solid, I would suggest just getting up and running for 500 miles and then make any adjustments/changes.
Could care less what they are run in. They could run them in the space shuttle for all I care. In my car, they are garbage, price drop to $50 for the set, if not I will toss them in the trash can. So how many people have tested this exact plug at almost 800WHP in the N54? I am going to say the answer is none. I do not care about other platforms, unless it relates to what I am using them for its meaningless.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Could care less what they are run in. They could run them in the space shuttle for all I care. In my car, they are garbage, price drop to $50 for the set, if not I will toss them in the trash can. So how many people have tested this exact plug at almost 800WHP in the N54? I am going to say the answer is none. I do not care about other platforms, unless it relates to what I am using them for its meaningless.

These damn vendors with their N54 developments and not getting it right the first time, d!cks.
Run the set I have at ~25psi and fortunately have had clean logs.
Sorry for the clutter Double!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Damn its been 2 months since I got this kit and sadly it is still hanging out in my garage. But I've been busy shopping:

1. ~$1500 in a tool refresh, including Ingersoll Rand impact and wrench, bottle jack-jack stands, 3 ton aluminum jack, etc
  2. ADV Sensors from @CKI@Motiv
  3. Propulsive Dynamics upgraded trans - deposit paid from @Jason@Propulsive-Dynamics
  4. Signed up for a CF Driveshaft from @MFactory
  5. AD-E 1000hp FMIC, chargepipe from @AD-ENG
  6. EOS v2 Intake Manifold with Fuel injectors on bottom and Meth/nitrous bungs on top from @EOSpeed
  7. Boostbox from @MOTIV Motorsport
  8. Been planning out my complicated exhaust setup: Link
  9. Several electronics bits
  10. Contemplating M Sport conversion
More to come soon :)