0 boost no 30FF?

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
So I just finished my Chinese Turbo install.

3.5 MAP sensor
Metal intake nipple
Turbos
Inlets

I took it for a short drive after warming it up and that’s what happened, you can see the boost target is there, no boost and WGDC is doing something.

The vacuum lines all are connected and I have no idea. I’m just getting tired now! Haha.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Sorry, I don't know what is going on. You have Load requested... you have a target boost set... no throttle closures... WGDC is 'something'.

Were you able to test wastegates on the turbos with a Mityvac or similar device to ensure the WGs are actually closing? Have you double checked silicone hoses?

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Sorry, I don't know what is going on. You have Load requested... you have a target boost set... no throttle closures... WGDC is 'something'.

Were you able to test wastegates on the turbos with a Mityvac or similar device to ensure the WGs are actually closing? Have you double checked silicone hoses?
I wish I knew... and no I have no MITYVAC, I ended up booking it in because I made sure the wastegate didn’t touch VBAND.
All lines were intact and connected...

People say could possibly be boost solenoids but would they cause 0 boost ? (Sorry 1.8 PSI 🤣🤣🤣)

I might replace them both and see if it changes anything

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
I wish I knew... and no I have no MITYVAC, I ended up booking it in because I made sure the wastegate didn’t touch VBAND.
All lines were intact and connected...

People say could possibly be boost solenoids but would they cause 0 boost ? (Sorry 1.8 PSI 🤣🤣🤣)

I might replace them both and see if it changes anything

It would be a good test to see if vacuum moves the WG arms and they aren't colliding with anything... probably a good idea to replace the solenoids, but blasting the parts canon at a problem really sucks.

I replaced my solenoids previously, thinking it was an issue (it wasn't)

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
It would be a good test to see if vacuum moves the WG arms and they aren't colliding with anything... probably a good idea to replace the solenoids, but blasting the parts canon at a problem really sucks.

I replaced my solenoids previously, thinking it was an issue (it wasn't)
I bought a pump yesterday so hopefully can test them today. I notice online that the solenoid needs to be energised... possible to just attach the pump onto the solenoid then switch car onto idle and that will test it ?

I really hope these turbos aren’t busted from the factory...
Then again I wouldn’t be surprised

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
vacuum lines on solenoids are reversed
Well I’ve done some testing today.

Canisters hold 25 when car idles.
Solenoids hold 14 when car idles.
I’ve connected the wastegate vacuum line onto pump. And can’t get any vacuum.. the front turbo line was split.

The thing is with these turbos I tested if they work vacuum by sucking on them before install...

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Well I’ve done some testing today.

Canisters hold 25 when car idles.
Solenoids hold 14 when car idles.
I’ve connected the wastegate vacuum line onto pump. And can’t get any vacuum.. the front turbo line was split.

The thing is with these turbos I tested if they work vacuum by sucking on them before install...

Awesome, that is good data.

It is a good idea to replace all of those vacuum lines. I replaced mine with Silicone hoses and found quite a bit of deterioration. That front line SUCKS to replace.

Regarding vacuum on turbo itself; that was my original prompt for the Mityvac; ensuring the WGs actually open and close! :D

Subwoofer

Sergeant
Jan 9, 2020
Ride
335i
Awesome, that is good data.

It is a good idea to replace all of those vacuum lines. I replaced mine with Silicone hoses and found quite a bit of deterioration. That front line SUCKS to replace.

Regarding vacuum on turbo itself; that was my original prompt for the Mityvac; ensuring the WGs actually open and close! :D
Found my rear turbo line was split badly which would explain why my car was leaking boost more and more.

Ordered 6 metres of 4MM silicone line, hopefully that lasts a few miles 🤣

Going to replace every line as I’ve already removed them all...

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Found my rear turbo line was split badly which would explain why my car was leaking boost more and more.

Ordered 6 metres of 4MM silicone line, hopefully that lasts a few miles 🤣

Going to replace every line as I’ve already removed them all...

There we go! I am hopeful that is your problem!

Like I said, I found massive deterioration with my lines; especially around the oil filter housing (top of engine, under the 'cover').