Zero To 60 youtube channel got raided by the Australian police?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I assume most of you are semi familiar with the Zero to 60 you tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ZeroTo60Tube/

Apparently the Australian police saw his videos of him speeding etc. and then came and grabbed his laptop? They are now potentially going after his cars etc?

As I understand it this happened and then he had to move out of his house & garage that he was renting and now lives in his sister's spare bedroom? Sounds like everything is going bad for the guy. You can buy him a coffee if you like his content: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/zeroto60tube

Anyone know more about what happened or why? Just curious. He makes quality n54 content very often. I hope he figures things out. Seems like a nice guy.

In the states the police could not do this. Guess that is what happens when you give up your guns! I kid, but seriously ACAB F them.

Reactions: CalvinNismo

TheFixer

Sergeant
Aug 16, 2020
Tennessee
Ride
2008 535i
Oh and here in Merica you can't get cited for speeding using social media. However they can get you for reckless driving.

Kind of glad they can because six months ago a lady ran a red light and hit my wife and daughter at an intersection. Destroyed our X5. She was screaming at my wife that my wife ran the light. Thank God another driver had a dash cam and caught the whole thing.

Sorry.... thread jacking.

jzx_andy

Corporal
May 22, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 E92 335i 6MT
Unfortunately when it comes to hoon offences in most Australian jurisdictions, cars can be, and sometimes are, crushed. Crushing really only happens in "repeat offender" hoon law cases, and yes, if you have a perfectly clean record but later get done concurrently for several hoon law offences that all occurred at different times, you're technically a repeat offender.

Filming yourself logging/thrashing your toys on public roads makes it easy for cops, especially if you keep/share content that is automatically timestamped and geotagged like on mobile phones nowadays. There are many cases here where people were done simply because they decided to post a skid vid on Instagram/FB.

Most of us know zeroto60 is an asset to the worldwide n54 community and isn't the typical social media hoon pleb. I'd be glad to support him with what I can. Most of the Aussie n54 nuts I've dealt with are awesome, that includes him.

• Informative
Reactions: DirtKurt and Torgus

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Only just seen this thread, didn't realise the police got to him as he just said someone stole his laptop in his more recent videos since his hiatus.

I love the videos, probably my favourite youtube channels purely for the no bullshit aussie content. He was on a good thing for a while with that sweet garage and his young upgraded Dave.

Those Aussie police are nuts. It's not even as if he did much hooning on public roads, most of it was on track and when he did go fast on public roads he made sure it was safe.

I'll chip in on the coffee thing. Hopefully he gets a sideline as social media and web shop man for SimplyTuning to keep him going.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I am curious how he will gain sponsors if he is never allowed to hoon on his or other people's cars except at the track. Granted most of his content was in his garage but people like to see the end product in action. Especially with the police having him on their radar pun intended.

Even if he were to remove all geotags, blur out all street names, license plates, etc. I bet they would still get him. He would have to edit the video immediately and delete the original. Probably waaayyy too much work.

Glad he is still making content. Goes to show you how hard it is to pay the bills just with you tube. I wonder what his day job was before all of this? I assume a mechanic of some sort?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
The Aussie police are very strict, you really have to watch what you do and post online.

They actually go undercover to lot of car shows and take pics of your car and if its registered and doesn't meet
the laws be ready to get a letter to bring your car in for a full inspection.

A lot of Euro cars run around decated here and they face huge fines like up to 20k for individuals.

Flaunt the law here and it's not if but when.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
Just seeing this. Zero to 60 had been one of my favorite YouTube channels. The DickAss brakes episode was especially entertaining. I hope he gets it all sort out soon.

Reactions: martymil

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
They will be coming for everyone this summer due to the high-profile media reported deaths on our roads, the is a scare campaign being suggested by the media to stop giving young men under 21 licences.

It only takes a handful of serious accidents here and the whole population pays for it, the politicians are whoring themselves out for votes
to show they are trying to do something.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
i was always of the opinion that its crazy we are legally allowed to drive and legally allowed to drink at the same age.

Zero To 60

Mar 4, 2021
I hadn’t forgotten about this thread, but was advised by my lawyer to avoid any public acknowledgment of what had happened, which is why I have been quiet about this on the socials. We also didn’t realise last year how time consuming and costly the entire process would be, talk about life changing....... It’s not too dissimilar from what whistlin diesel is going through in regards to legal costs, officals conducting themselves poorly and linking events to very serious criminal charges that normally wouldn’t be looked at that way. The power of youtube, hey.

I just wanted to say thanks to every one that has supported Zero To 60 through this period and a special thanks to Torgus who made this thread. The support we have from people who know what is going on has been genuinely overwhelming.

I miss making the videos we used to be able to make, the DIYs, how to’s and building the cars. But funding this legal battle has been a priority, hence the change in content and the time I have available to make videos.

However…. just like a Californian governor once said…..I’ll be back.

Thanks again everyone and drive safe!

P.S Getting your house raided over youtube clips is apparantly very normal. Life turned in to a meme real quick... Even without any evidence the police can put you in jail for suspected traffic offences.

right-to-jail-jail.gif

DirtKurt

Corporal
Nov 5, 2016
NH
I hadn’t forgotten about this thread, but was advised by my lawyer to avoid any public acknowledgment of what had happened, which is why I have been quiet about this on the socials. We also didn’t realise last year how time consuming and costly the entire process would be, talk about life changing....... It’s not too dissimilar from what whistlin diesel is going through in regards to legal costs, officals conducting themselves poorly and linking events to very serious criminal charges that normally wouldn’t be looked at that way. The power of youtube, hey.

I just wanted to say thanks to every one that has supported Zero To 60 through this period and a special thanks to Torgus who made this thread. The support we have from people who know what is going on has been genuinely overwhelming.

I miss making the videos we used to be able to make, the DIYs, how to’s and building the cars. But funding this legal battle has been a priority, hence the change in content and the time I have available to make videos.

P.S Getting your house raided over youtube clips is apparantly very normal. Life turned in to a meme real quick... Even without any evidence the police can put you in jail for suspected traffic offences.

View attachment 81657
Glad to see you back, was wondering what had happened. Your series on the dct conversion was hugely helpful in me finally finishing my swap.
Have seen this happen with several US based youtubers as well. Hopefully you get it all sorted and can keep making your awesome content.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i

View attachment 81657
Not really into 4x4s but still watching the videos. Good entertainment regardless of the topic.

I think the problem with law enforcement is that they lack nuance. There's plenty of idiots of YouTube doing actual dangerous stuff but in the eyes of the law there's no difference between someone having a short blast up to 100mph on an empty road and someone driving at 100mph weaving through traffic.
Unfortunately the "hoonigan" movement has put a target on the whole community. Same with coal rollers forcing governments to go full retard on inspections.

Is it looking like you'll be driving an N54 again in the near future?

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Our authorities are always scanning places like youtube, instagram and facebook so if your going to do stupid shit never post it on social media.

jzx_andy

Corporal
May 22, 2019
Perth, Western Australia
Ride
2008 E92 335i 6MT
Not really into 4x4s but still watching the videos. Good entertainment regardless of the topic.

I think the problem with law enforcement is that they lack nuance. There's plenty of idiots of YouTube doing actual dangerous stuff but in the eyes of the law there's no difference between someone having a short blast up to 100mph on an empty road and someone driving at 100mph weaving through traffic.
Unfortunately the "hoonigan" movement has put a target on the whole community. Same with coal rollers forcing governments to go full retard on inspections.

This is pretty much it. With how hoon laws treat offences here in Aus, it only takes a handful of idiots to ruin it for everyone else in a practical sense. We definitely need a bit more flexibility in the application of these laws and penalties, or at least how they are enforced.

It's monumentally stupid to me that the law typically penalises someone having a 2am blat alone on a highway in the exact same way as someone going out all sideways in a busy school zone. But whatever.

Guess that's why we have assholes doing massive burnouts outside cop shops in Queensland, because they don't have much more to lose as opposed to doing it elsewhere that won't bother local residents (and yes, tracks tend to bother local NIMBY's regardless lol).

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
This is pretty much it. With how hoon laws treat offences here in Aus, it only takes a handful of idiots to ruin it for everyone else in a practical sense. We definitely need a bit more flexibility in the application of these laws and penalties, or at least how they are enforced.

It's monumentally stupid to me that the law typically penalises someone having a 2am blat alone on a highway in the exact same way as someone going out all sideways in a busy school zone. But whatever.

Guess that's why we have assholes doing massive burnouts outside cop shops in Queensland, because they don't have much more to lose as opposed to doing it elsewhere that won't bother local residents (and yes, tracks tend to bother local NIMBY's regardless lol).

Those 2 am blat's on the hwy or late night is where most of the fatalities happen, there has been over 15 kids lose their
lives in the last 7 to 8 months, some people if there is no one on the road its safe.

Another problem is the wild life and mostly come out at night especially the roos and wombats.

Authorities have to show they are doing something even though they will never fix the problem.

Zero To 60

Mar 4, 2021

Man, appreciate you following along still. You guys know the 4x4s are not my thing, however i have to admit they are a much more pleasant thing to drive when you put a BMW transmission in them and working out how to do it properly has been an enjoyable challenge. Silver lining from the madness of the last 12 months, maybe.

Regarding the problem with law enforcement, while there is a long list i have recently been previewed to. I can't think of a better way to do it. I have a heap of respect for Police officers, my interactions with them up to this point has been really good. I have a few friends that are officers and the majority want what is best for the community. The reality is legislation needs to be put in place to catch the real bad guys and while that legislation gets used frequently in unintended ways, there is no way around it. There will always be Police officers learning, trying to impress the powers above, not fully understanding how significant thier actions may be.

As for more N54s i have enough parts to put quite a few together, dont worry about that. I have heaps planned, really looking forward to MSD81 DI delete but i need to get the court stuff all finalised.