D24D22B5-8ABF-4BAA-ADCC-51AFEA34E0B1.png
    121.4 KB · Views: 19

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Targeting 14 but hitting 18 according to this
Yes i noted that also, however seems like a spike for a small period, then i see in the 4th gear section, it quickly tapers off down to 11psi.

I also note his INtake temps are high, but yes i think a tuner will need to have a look. i find it odd, but like you, im no expert on the tuning side.

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
OK, so results in.
All though the OTS maps still write successfuly (did the same before with the old original bin). He tested Stage2+, and the car still targets a max boost of 15.9psi on this OTS tune,
Surely this should be a target of 18psi?

He is going to test and apply IJE0S on the car and test the same process.

Current mods are:
FBO
Hybrid Turbos (Mamba TD03-14T)
inlets
Stage2 LPFP.
Pump fuel
Not necessarily. It's overboosting because of the hybrids, but at high RPM the engine eats more air, so it's more difficult to maintain boost or easier to avoid overboost, depending how you look at it. If everything were dialed properly for control, that map would still be targeting 14 to 11psi.

All OTS maps probably target way because they are for stock turbos. OTS maps are a waste on hybrids because they will be too much WGDC down low and not enough target up top. Need a custom tune, like aus335iguy said, to really control them properly and use to full potential.

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Hi All.

So as finalised, the best route as per your advices would be custom flash going forward to best make use of what my mate currently has, which exactl what he is currently undertaking.

As for the "Switchover" from 35i to 35is software,
If you managing this as a base, then the method works flawlessly as indicated and tested.
NO errors.
So all in all, the actual point of the thread and the required result has been reached and we can call it successful.

It can be closed, and i hope anyone coming across this one day gets good use out of it :)
Appreciate the efforts and knowledge of all involved.

Reactions: aus335iguy and RSL

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
So I'm curious, and didn't see this mentioned in the thread: why were you looking to flash a 35is bin on a 35i?

Filippo

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
So I'm curious, and didn't see this mentioned in the thread: why were you looking to flash a 35is bin on a 35i?

Filippo
Hi Filippo.

Firstly was the issue of the Stage2+ OTS map not boosting to the relevant PSI, but due to the previous posts, this could have been due to the hybrid turbos (still to be confirmed), but even with the 35is base file, the issue was still present.
Also, the original bin file that we had was obscure, and even though in MHD it read as INA0S HW, the INA0S xdf did not match to the BIN.
Due to the car being owned and modified with single turbo before his ownership, there is a very high likelihood that the stocj bin could have been played with or mismatched. if this makes sense?

Another point, we flashed the Z4 35is DCT flash via WinKFP, and the difference is very noticeable from what we had on the car. so matching this to the 35is file was a no brainer as to be part of the troubleshooting the initial problem.
My mate had always wanted the 35is tune because it was a higher power output stock, because of the 12psi overboost. and i must be honest, the difference between his stock file and the 35is stock file was incredible:
Boost control
Throttle input
Overall power distribution
Shift change behavior was night and day to the original 35is file also. it kicked hard into each following gear and was exactly how he had wanted the car.

So we felt having the 35is as a base would be the way forward.

Hope this answers your question?

Reactions: fmorelli