XHP DCT - Experience Thread

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
That’s what “sports” button is meant for I thought but seems like the same maps are applied to D and S....Not good
@RayBan any plans to make the maps for various modes different

I read that only after you said that tbh. I was driving through town to pickup my wife from work and in a few situations we were simply approaching a red light with normal speed and normal breaking and our heads starting to bang like we were on a heavy metal concert. She was asking wtf is wrong with me and why i am breaking so stupid... probably i am an unicorn and nobody else has these issues...

Bummer, @JohnDaviz ... It is great that you are trying to improve the situation and trying to provide feedback. That is admirable.

Would be actually great if there was a real bi-directional discussion but i am also sometimes probably writing in a tone that may sound harsher than it is intended too.. especially when i am starting to get frustrated like with the 6.7k RPM Rev limit i am experiencing.

Also i found something "new" in my logs i NEVER saw before.
When my automatic shift kicks in unwanted i see this in logs now:
1602226824996.png

As you can see it is random. The shifts later don´t have torq lim active 2048. Thinking i am again the only one with this issue and as XHP doesn´t respond to my emails... A RANDOM other car i look at his logs with xhp stg3 dct and the same thing:

1602226946407.png

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
yeah.. i know... but you don´t see it coming up during normal operation.

"As you can see it is random. The shifts later don´t have torq lim active 2048."

I have probably 500 logs of my car and a lot with automatic shifts before xhp installed. I NEVER saw 2048 active in normal operation.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
The limiter will vary depending on gear. May also have some other offsets applied since Clemens mentioned that already.

It all relates to your issue with max RPM I suspect. It's not good that xHP are ignoring the issue but their customer support seems poor tbh.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
The limiter will vary depending on gear. May also have some other offsets applied since Clemens mentioned that already.

It all relates to your issue with max RPM I suspect. It's not good that xHP are ignoring the issue but their customer support seems poor tbh.

Especially when i found another random car with dct stg3 and the same phenomenon.

I am not sure if the service is poor, they get too much requests/messages and have to handle idiots like me...
They have the chance of working with some really experienced ppl on this forum for probably free but lack of taking the chance.

• Funny
Reactions: derekgates

naschine

Lurker
May 2, 2019
Ride
135i N55 DCT
You're not the only one. I have the same tq. limiter (2048) active sometimes with stg 3 v1.1

I'm not sure, but I can't remember seeing it ever before in my logs.

Currently I'm back to stock with xHP still installed. Don't know when I'll come around testing v1.2 though.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I flashed the new Stage 2 (v1.2) Z4 map and there's certainly an improvement in shifts. No harsh downshifts at all and less of the obnoxious "punch" in the higher modes.

I don't know if it was on purpose or a mistake but they reduced the max line pressure on the Stage 2 from 19bar to 17bar even though the description for the map still says 19bar.

Reactions: houtan

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Are the downshits meant to be equal to the ones at stg3?

How did you measure the drop of line pressure?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
just flashed stg3 v1.2. Did only a short trip of less than a mile. Clutch Slip during cold start is gone. Always had a slip during take off up to 1.5k with low load. Its gone. Car hooks directly. So this is fantastic.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Okay i tested more today. Slippage is not gone.. but it is WAY better during cold driving. I would say perfectly fine. It can also be simply tune related. I am running my own torque request tables.

Overall V1.2 is completely better than the versions before. Had NO issues.

Driving in D with the low rpm shifts has also changed. But this is kind of hard to explain. It is way more "driveable" for me now. Before in V1.0 shifts were always too early. But today it felt like the car understands what i want. Sorry. This is a really subjective feeling.

I tested braking and the downshift behavior. So from 7th gear down to a stop it is now nearly perfect in D mode. It downshifts from 7th to 5th and you don´t get any engine brake whatsoever and then it does change 5th to 2nd and there you feel it a bit. Definitely an improvement though. May be one more iteration and you won´t feel the engine brake in D anymore.

So XHP did a great job here IMHO.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Okay i tested more today. Slippage is not gone.. but it is WAY better during cold driving. I would say perfectly fine. It can also be simply tune related. I am running my own torque request tables.

Overall V1.2 is completely better than the versions before. Had NO issues.

Driving in D with the low rpm shifts has also changed. But this is kind of hard to explain. It is way more "driveable" for me now. Before in V1.0 shifts were always too early. But today it felt like the car understands what i want. Sorry. This is a really subjective feeling.

I tested braking and the downshift behavior. So from 7th gear down to a stop it is now nearly perfect in D mode. It downshifts from 7th to 5th and you don´t get any engine brake whatsoever and then it does change 5th to 2nd and there you feel it a bit. Definitely an improvement though. May be one more iteration and you won´t feel the engine brake in D anymore.

So XHP did a great job here IMHO.

VERY nice! That's incredible news. Such a relief for you to not be chasing those demons. :)

N54TT

Corporal
Jul 21, 2020
Ride
2013 335is
Has anyone tried the Stage 1? Any benefit or any sort of difference compared to the stock dct software?

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
yeah.. i know... but you don´t see it coming up during normal operation.

"As you can see it is random. The shifts later don´t have torq lim active 2048."

I have probably 500 logs of my car and a lot with automatic shifts before xhp installed. I NEVER saw 2048 active in normal operation.
Did you find out how to fix the 2048 limiter? I am seeing it on manual mode but I am not shifting late. I see 2048 at 6800 when with the stock flash the rpms would got to 6900 at auto shift and never had a 2048. My shifts seem a little slower than stock and I think this is the reason. Is there a setting I need to change?

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Did you find out how to fix the 2048 limiter? I am seeing it on manual mode but I am not shifting late. I see 2048 at 6800 when with the stock flash the rpms would got to 6900 at auto shift and never had a 2048. My shifts seem a little slower than stock and I think this is the reason. Is there a setting I need to change?

seriously i have no clue. I drive it as it is with stock shift rpm setting activated. i would love to rev past 7k but it isn´t working for me.

@RayBan i wrote emails to you about this and you ignored me that there is something weird on some cars.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
seriously i have no clue. I drive it as it is with stock shift rpm setting activated. i would love to rev past 7k but it isn´t working for me.

@RayBan i wrote emails to you about this and you ignored me that there is something weird on some cars.
Thanks. I played with torque reduction today and raised it to 750 from 500 and it seems to be gone.

I see supposedly the Rev limit in D and S Mode can be raised but I haven’t tried it. Is there a way to raise the rev limit in manual mode as well that you are aware of?

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Does anyone else find that the the clutch slips quite a lot with the current maps after a cold start?

I have the Stage 3 map on both my Z4 and my 335i and it only does it on the 335i. The 335i maps have a lot of additional changes to the Z4 so I'm guessing it's one of those additional changes. It's fine when stock and after the first few minutes of driving.

houtan

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2017
Ride
135i N55 DCT; PS2
Does anyone else find that the the clutch slips quite a lot with the current maps after a cold start?

I have the Stage 3 map on both my Z4 and my 335i and it only does it on the 335i. The 335i maps have a lot of additional changes to the Z4 so I'm guessing it's one of those additional changes. It's fine when stock and after the first few minutes of driving.

Mine seems fine. I am n55 dct.

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Do you have creep enabled or disabled?

I thought it is only me.

When the engine is warm it feels also like a tad more than before. Solution working from me giving initially more load request i.e. push the paddle harder for a second and clutches close immediately.