Who wants head for Valentines?

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I love how the head port job in this thread shows what a huge improvement it is while marty is sitting in his cave saying it is not worth it :tearsofjoy:

To be fair Marty is an idiot. I base that on his posts and what his fellow country men say about him ;) there is a reason he is the only person on this forum I have blocked.

Ported heads helps on every platform basically. The head flows better aka less restriction. Period. Next aftermarket cams with more lift and duration don't work.

This thread makes me want to dump even more money into my money pit!

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
Doubt it. May be he could just admit being wrong :) And don´t suddenly be the preacher. You haven`t ever been making jokes about others?
HAHA! To Clarify By no means am I supporting Marty or his actions. I did type something else originally but decided to try being nice 😂, as I knew this is a slippery slope. Secondly yes I talk my fair share of shit but 98% of the time it's with people I consider friends.

And @JohnDaviz If Marty genuinely admits he's wrong, just remember it's probably a dream😁.

Does anyone know a shop that does porting on the west coast, Shipping will be a nightmare for me to the east.

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
To be fair Marty is an idiot. I base that on his posts and what his fellow country men say about him ;) there is a reason he is the only person on this forum I have blocked.

Ported heads helps on every platform basically. The head flows better aka less restriction. Period. Next aftermarket cams with more lift and duration don't work.

Do it😃

Reactions: Torgus

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
What is needed here is track times or Dragy, pre port vs post port.
All else being equal. Timing, boost, AFR, etc.
Then we can see real world gains vs paper.
No offense to O.P.
Not that I do not believe, just would like to see the actual difference.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i

Hahaha oh man I didn't need to get that solid of a laugh in. Free priceless comedy

Reactions: Torgus

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
All else being equal. Timing, boost, AFR, etc.
Then we can see real world gains vs paper.
No offense to O.P.
Not that I do not believe, just would like to see the actual difference.
Agreed dyno numbers don't mean much to me either. Wouldve loved to see a test such as dragy 60-130 at 18 psi non ported vs 18psi ported head thats a type of test where you see the real results

Reactions: SlowE93

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Sadly impossible. Job is done.

Let´s forget the numbers.

But look at how transparent @RNM presents his results. I don´t think that he is trying to fake anything.

What i see and why i believe the port job did amazing work:
Torque is permanently climbing but this could be due to the steadily rising timing. Then. This is said to be pump fuel. Look at the timing! This alone is great. Forget the term Boost as it is simply back pressure in the manifold.

OP says these are GFs. 45% dutycycle at 15psi? wow that is a big number for such a turbo at such low boost levels. There is so much more air being pumped through the engine.
Then you look at his E85 logs which show that the GFs work really well at 25ish psi at 60ish% dutycycle which again proves how much of a good thing the port job is.

I bet OP could easily further increase timing or boost without reducing timing.

I am curious at the 60-130 times with the presented log. I hope OP can do that.

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m

And your as fucking troll that brings no benefit to these forums, I have the results and I'll keep them to myself.

Call me all the names you like you wanker and I can do the same but sharing my data wont be with the likes of you.

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
I keep the results for paying customers, think what you like but I'm done dealing with trolls & that's why most vendors stopped
or have very little to do with forums because of people like him.

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Are you running PI or Overdrive ?

Sad that he retired.
I am using the Helix overdrive. I just got the PFS rail, high pressure line and phenolic gaskets for the rail. I'll add those items and then find a new tuner for an e85 map.

RNM

Corporal
Jun 3, 2019
Sadly impossible. Job is done.

Let´s forget the numbers.

But look at how transparent @RNM presents his results. I don´t think that he is trying to fake anything.

What i see and why i believe the port job did amazing work:
Torque is permanently climbing but this could be due to the steadily rising timing. Then. This is said to be pump fuel. Look at the timing! This alone is great. Forget the term Boost as it is simply back pressure in the manifold.

OP says these are GFs. 45% dutycycle at 15psi? wow that is a big number for such a turbo at such low boost levels. There is so much more air being pumped through the engine.
Then you look at his E85 logs which show that the GFs work really well at 25ish psi at 60ish% dutycycle which again proves how much of a good thing the port job is.

I bet OP could easily further increase timing or boost without reducing timing.

I am curious at the 60-130 times with the presented log. I hope OP can do that.

The pump gas log with the high timing is with pure 93 octane and the ported head. The e85 log I posted was when I had the stock head. I need to find a new tuner for an e85 map on the ported head as @V8bait is basically retired.

I don't have dragy yet, but will get one sometime later this year and provide those data as well when I get a chance.

SLOWESTN54

Captain
Feb 9, 2021
B.C. Canada
Ride
2007 E92 335i
I am using the Helix overdrive. I just got the PFS rail, high pressure line and phenolic gaskets for the rail. I'll add those items and then find a new tuner for an e85 map.
The PFS rail is definitely a nice piece, I have a Pod overdrive on my 335i. I’ll be going to @carabuser again when i finish my 335i this year. Did an amazing job with my 535i.

Reactions: RNM