Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90

Things I have tried:
Unplugging evap connector
Removing serpentine belt
probe all over with a stethoscope but can't really pinpoint it

The sound is weird as it comes and goes and it doesn't follow RPM. When I hit the pedal any amount the sound is gone. I recently put injector cleaner in the car and had afr issues. So I am wondering if while the car sat for a month with this stuff in it, if it possibly messed up injectors and they are making noise that echos throughout.

Slowagon54

Corporal
Aug 21, 2020
How does your logs look like? Stupid question, but did you check the oil level?

Dont think the cleaner can do any damage to the engine/injectors.

pysical

Sergeant
Jun 16, 2017
Ride
2009 335xi E90
How does your logs look like? Stupid question, but did you check the oil level?

Dont think the cleaner can do any damage to the engine/injectors.
Logs are fine, oil is fresh. The cleaner did cause AFR issues. Once I put new gas in the trims went closer together. Even Chris@Motiv was amazed at it. It was Liqui Moly brand so I figured it would be good.

As far as the sound in the video, I was listening to older videos that I had of my car while listening to waste gate rattle back in the day. In between the revs I could hear the same noise. So this was 4 years ago, completely different motor from the block up. The only thing that is the same between then and now is the transmission, clutch, and flywheel. I thought I had already tried listening to it while having the clutch pedal pushed in but I forget stuff to easily so I will have to try it again and use a stethoscope down there.