What's Everyone's Take on this Lockdown Brace

BOosted 335i

Sergeant
Jun 1, 2017
New Jersey
Ride
E90 BMW 335i
Was looking into a lockdown brace,of course did some googling and found bunch of "homemade" welded versions and seems to have a positive affect on the rear.then found a guy(vwetish)making a one piece with no welds and a Defiv type version.i have heard on some the welds have come apart and do like the idea of a one piece version.so from reading did find out the Defiv type knock that vwetish was selling is cheaper and exact same kit found on eBay which is reasonably priced.so got to give credit to AWSAWS for originally finding this for sale on eBay back in early 2017.
Now with all these that are out there that have been sold how's it been.is that style still preferred or a solid piece.is this a good investment for say single turbo car,auto.car is mostly street driven,not tracked.it looks like the Defiv type version would be better with NVH but is it better then a one piece plate without and dampening.the funny thing is the Defiv type version is cheaper then the one piece plate.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 640
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    153 KB · Views: 554

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i
Buy the one from vwetish and call it a day. I know Dujan and that brace is a beast - I'm running it on my 700+ wtq 335d and will have the same brace on my 135 making 800+

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I like that one piece brace. There's no NVH added by a diff lockdown if you keep the stock diff bushings. That said, I have one of those welded types, and it's holding up great, probably close to 3y now.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
I have the DEFIV copy off ebay (had to order from ebay.de to find it) and it works fine. Much cheaper including shipping from Germany than any you can find elsewhere.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
Was looking into a lockdown brace,of course did some googling and found bunch of "homemade" welded versions and seems to have a positive affect on the rear.then found a guy(vwetish)making a one piece with no welds and a Defiv type version.i have heard on some the welds have come apart and do like the idea of a one piece version.so from reading did find out the Defiv type knock that vwetish was selling is cheaper and exact same kit found on eBay which is reasonably priced.so got to give credit to AWSAWS for originally finding this for sale on eBay back in early 2017.
Now with all these that are out there that have been sold how's it been.is that style still preferred or a solid piece.is this a good investment for say single turbo car,auto.car is mostly street driven,not tracked.it looks like the Defiv type version would be better with NVH but is it better then a one piece plate without and dampening.the funny thing is the Defiv type version is cheaper then the one piece plate.

That's me (AWSAWS). I live in England so I didn't want to pay to import one from the states. I suspected it came from Europe so I did some research and found it. I've had it on my car for quite a while now. Works great.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
RIP Defiv. His shop was very close to my house, very nice guy. It's a shame he got fed up with this platform as he made some pretty great products like the lockdown (which is the best style) and the first port meth plate years before anyone else.

How much is the knock-off going for?

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
RIP Defiv. His shop was very close to my house, very nice guy. It's a shame he got fed up with this platform as he made some pretty great products like the lockdown (which is the best style) and the first port meth plate years before anyone else.

How much is the knock-off going for?

89 Euros which is about $107

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
With all the bushings as well? If so that's a steal!

I had the Defi Lockdown on my 335 before I sold it. Was a little more involved for the install due to the pressed in bushings but what a quality kit.

Has fewer parts than the full D kit but at a fraction of the price. Works great.

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Yes, it doesn't have the full solid subframe bushings - just the lockdown portion. I paid $87 shipped from Germany.