What's Everyone's Take on this Lockdown Brace

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
So i ordered the defiv style off dejan. Works great. Install was fast 30min or so. And also a plus is it doesnt get in way of custom exhaust work or diff service etc

JStock_BTN54

Lurker
Nov 3, 2016
Essex County NJ
RIP Defiv. His shop was very close to my house, very nice guy. It's a shame he got fed up with this platform as he made some pretty great products like the lockdown (which is the best style) and the first port meth plate years before anyone else.

How much is the knock-off going for?
I lucked out and got Rick’s 2nd one as a early adopter. One of the best mods I’ve done to my car.

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
How is the aforementioned lockdown brace different from the one Steve Clark sells? https://www.clarkperformancefab.com/products/differential-bracket
3AED18CA-77DE-40BF-9DC9-07CF7B2BF2D0.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeffman

Major
Jan 7, 2017
It’s all about thread context, my friend.
And I could have been clearer, so I edited my post accordingly:
Edit: “How is the aforementioned lock down brace different from the one Steve Clark sells.
Thanks.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
It’s all about thread context, my friend.
And I could have been clearer, so I edited my post accordingly:
Edit: “How is the aforementioned lock down brace different from the one Steve Clark sells.
Thanks.

Well, there are two different kinds talked about in this thread plus the Clark brace...so I'm still unable to answer that q. I can say one of them are functionally the same with a different design. They lock down the brace the same way. The other is a more complex design that is supposed to allow rotational movement of the brace but not axial movement. It is more expensive (by far) and that level of complexity is overkill due to the design of the rear subframe (IMHO).

But I'm not sure as to which of the aforementioned braces you are referencing ;)

ccbsecu

Corporal
Nov 26, 2017
Ride
135i
Don't you think the Defiv style the OP posted is better then the other one posted that I quoted?if they are both the same price?
I am using the one I posted - on both my 135 and my 335d. I’d highly recommend that brace because it’s made from a solid piece of metal.

FWIW - The 335d makes over 700 wtq and the 135 will make over 800 wtq.

Rob09msport

Major
Oct 28, 2017
Monroe CT
Ride
09 335i msport le mans 18 x5
No...the sub-frame itself is isolated from the chassis with squishy as hell rubber bushings. You can even put in solid diff mounts and experience absolutely no additional NVH.
I already have whiteline poly sub frame bushings that why I was asking cause in my case I would think that I would transfer gear wine through my bushings since aren't factory