What is your preferred brand of tools?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'll be saving the money I was going to spend on my single install and use it to buy new tools and flesh out my current sets. I also have a 20 gallon 150 PSI tank with a 1.5hp compressor. It does 5 CFM at 40 psi. Would like to know what brands you recommend besides Snap-on for your normal hand tools and air tools which might work well with my tank.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I'll be saving the money I was going to spend on my single install and use it to buy new tools and flesh out my current sets. I also have a 20 gallon 150 PSI tank with a 1.5hp compressor. It does 5 CFM at 40 psi. Would like to know what brands you recommend besides Snap-on for your normal hand tools and air tools which might work well with my tank.

My nice tools are Mac tools or snap on. The best brand for wire cutters and other pliers is knipex. Air tools, impacts, ratchets and grinder/cut off wheels you can't beat Ingersoll Rand. I have they're 80gal 2 stage 5hp compressor. As far as having decent wrenches(ratchet and regular box end), screwdriver set, and pliers I use husky tools. Don't kill me for saying this but harbor freight has great fine tooth ratchets for 8.99... But that's my two cents

• Informative
Reactions: doublespaces

ASquared

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Las Vegas
Honestly I got my set of craftsman sockets and whatnot with my tool cabinet from sams club and I've never had issues. Paid less than $100 for it all and its been getting the job done for the past 3 years without any failures. For other little stuff I just use harbor freight. I've been doing all my walnut blasting jobs with harbor freight 26 gallon compressor and their 50lb abrasive blaster kit....been pretty solid for me. Not everything is quality there though, but with the money you save you can buy more car parts :)

Reactions: doublespaces

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
As an automotive technician i use Snap-on hand tools, Ingersoll Rand air tools, and Milwaukee power tools in a Snap-On tool box. At home i use Gear Wrench hand tools and Milwaukee power tools. Both the best bang for you buck imo. You can line your entire box with gear wrench for very cheap, grab a Milwaukee 1/2 and 3/8 impact in m18 fuel, a 1/4 impact, a 1/4" and 3/8" electric ratchet in m12 fuel and be set. Id also recommended buying a used match tool box, as you can get them very cheap and they are still decent quality.

apexit

Dec 10, 2016
90% of my sockets, ratchets, screwdrivers, and wrenches are snap on, the rest williams, sk and one set of craftsman. this is where you need to have the best tools you can afford. Having a bad socket can round out a bolt and make an easy job into a weekend affair. Having your ratchet break can also lead to considerable delays. If you have a subpar pair of strippers then worse case isnt too bad. My electric tools are milwalkee. I dropped pnuematic tools and try to stay with one brand so i can share batteries and only have one charger