JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
personally I think I'm heading to DOC VU
do you consider it a low-end tuner?
I watch closely what he does, it seems really serious to me

I have no opinion about Doc Vu. Never seen logs or dyno runs posted.
The only thing i see is that his main business platform is FB by spamming kill videos all day long. But if he gets many customers this way... why not. I guess this is also how he got your attention.

Reactions: seb.apprenti

seb.apprenti

Corporal
Nov 28, 2018
reunion island
Ride
335 i e92
I have no opinion about Doc Vu. Never seen logs or dyno runs posted.
The only thing i see is that his main business platform is FB by spamming kill videos all day long. But if he gets many customers this way... why not. I guess this is also how he got your attention.
to be honest, yes indeed, that's exactly it

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Isn't Doc Vu a dentist or something? I am always skeptical of instagram/facebook tuners. As long as he or his customers post logs then you can get an idea of if the tune/tuner is safe.

Given all custom tunes cost about the same and people are modifying the exact same parameters I am always surprised when people flock to new tuners vs. those who have been doing it for years. Especially the Instagram/facebook ones.

But to each their own.

iminhell1

Sergeant
Jun 17, 2018
Search on FB for:

N54/n54 tuners
bmw 355i mods
n5x enthusiasts
bmw e90 e92 e82 owners
single-turbo n54
bmw n54 n55 n63 n20 b58
bmw e90 e91 e92 mods
n54 enthusiast page powered by doc race

There are MANY others.

No, this MN person.

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
No need to read there, people from your telegram group shared your own messages where you were slightly more honest behind the curtains.
If you legitimately bought them is that why you had to create a fake account to sell them?

My group oh yes a big scam group full of scammers from around the world, everyone of them in on it.

Let us know how your MMP 1ks go, be sure to look out for that great spool that those turbos are known for :tearsofjoy: clearly have done zero research.

Unless they are a refurbed set, don't expect them to last long from the MMP owners I've talked to over the years...
Plus the fact all MMP turbos seem to need a refurb!!? Alarm bells.

Can't understand as well Threetirtyfive, if you are on commission why you didn't suggest I buy turbos from your China connection! It's almost as if that's made up BS.

:laughing:

Reactions: Threetirtyfive

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Given all custom tunes cost about the same and people are modifying the exact same parameters I am always surprised when people flock to new tuners vs. those who have been doing it for years. Especially the Instagram/facebook ones.

Most of the new n54 owners are rather on FB than on Forums. So the known tuners are not greatly represented there.

And the most important point is.. they are cheap. They rather go to an idiot like Michael Hollingsworth than to a known tuner because this shithead makes a lot of advertisement with "specials" like "custom tune only this week for 200$" ... and then buy an RFP Map 😂

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
In some professions there is a term, "Body of Knowledge". For those that pursue interests - as a craft / professional / etc - the age-old idea that information from the past is captured, evolves, etc becomes that from which one operates. Facebook, IG, etc don't provide a method for amassing a body of knowledge. It's amnesia, groundhog day, etc. Those of us that grew up and adopted forums (and mailing lists with searchable archives for those ... ahem ... even a bit older), have that resource. Some of the younger folks seem immune to forums. My middle son is a BMW guy. He has an N54. I'm his BoK, and he's on some of the Facebook groups. Ironically compared to my son, I am a walking library. But compared to some of the forums, I'm more like a pamphlet! Don't you want the keys to the library?! lol

I continue to encourage him to pick a few forums and sink in, read and learn, get to know people, but he's not really done that as of yet. Smart kid and does a lot of research; I can only surmise this is a "what you are used to" thing, and adapting is trickier than it seems.

He's asking me about doing his PCV system right now ... "hey the Spoolstreet forum has good discussions on this ..." :)

Filippo

b4llistic

Corporal
Nov 22, 2018
Ride
BMW N54
EDIT: Thanks your finding and reading my post. Unfortunately, Spoolstreet is no longer a neutral platform where we can have honest discussions on subjects and products freely.
For this reason I have deleted all information I posted on the forums.

Last edited:

Threetirtyfive

Corporal
Jan 9, 2019
Ride
335i
Or we could just create a telegram group and post drama to encourage people to join, and kick people out when they don't agree with the central narcissist.

• Funny
Reactions: typedRew

typedRew

Sergeant
Feb 25, 2019
Ride
2009 335i xDrive
Or we could just create a telegram group and post drama to encourage people to join, and kick people out when they don't agree with the central narcissist.
dont worry im sure he smashed that ignore button on both of us