VTT New Product Release Overview!

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
I'm confused. Isn't that what it is supposed to do?

It IS a blow off valve.
Lol nooooo, its a pressure relief. The entire unit blows off clip and all, smashed into the hood, broke apart hood insulation. Vrsf charge pipe with hks. Currently backed up by large zip ties.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Lol nooooo, its a pressure relief. The entire unit blows off clip and all, smashed into the hood, broke apart hood insulation. Vrsf charge pipe with hks. Currently backed up by large zip ties.
I would call this BOV Ejection instead of blow-off .... you know, just to disambiguate :tonguewink:

Filippo

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Turbosmart should be fine, it uses the same v-band style clamp like the Tial Q. HKS uses the c-clip which I'm surprised you have issues with, perhaps it is not seating properly?
That c clip design is junk. I can pull on it push it around etc. But under boost situations. POP.... or for those gamgsters that call them pop offs it blew off... or for those who call them blow offs, it released itself from the clip... or for those who call them compressor release valves......... lol

• Agree
Reactions: bennythebimmer

Rcboosted2007

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2018
Parts unknown
Ride
07 335i
Turbosmart should be fine, it uses the same v-band style clamp like the Tial Q. HKS uses the c-clip which I'm surprised you have issues with, perhaps it is not seating properly?
Usual trouble shooting, ensure o ring is correct hks oem/authenticate sizing, check flange,make sure hks is authentic. Mine along with a few friends. On n54 and others have experienced same issue. Unrelious ejectus sparaticus

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Sounds like your HKS valve is sick and tired of your shit homie.
Pretty much but we were just trying to avoid it and be nice to the guy ...

Filippo

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Ejecting-Land-of-Opportunity.png

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
I had an HKS as well and 9 times out of 10 if its not staying on you don't have the c-clip seated all the way down. It's a royal PITA to get it on correctly. I'm glad I switched to a tial 50, the HKS was causing me compressor surge.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Is there a metering orifice in the external PCV fitting to prevent from pulling too much vacuum?

Do you mean in the Flapper delete? The flapper is the one with the 'metered' orifice, and since it deletes the flapper, that functionality is gone. The flapper is a swing valve with a hole in the center.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Do you mean in the Flapper delete? The flapper is the one with the 'metered' orifice, and since it deletes the flapper, that functionality is gone. The flapper is a swing valve with a hole in the center.

Usually with recirc PCV you keep the flapper so you have the metering. I know this deletes the flapper, hence why I asked if the new fitting has any provisions to keep the same metering.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Usually with recirc PCV you keep the flapper so you have the metering. I know this deletes the flapper, hence why I asked if the new fitting has any provisions to keep the same metering.
Well if it did, that would certainly have made my life easier, but I doubt this does since it looks just like the one made by ADE