External PCV too much vacuum?

Stevo585

Private
Dec 16, 2022
Has anyone tried these pcv valves from radium?

Good time to update!

I actually am using the radium PCV i ditched the 2jz pcv. I found out even running 6an the lines were too big and I was still sucking oil into my intake.

(Head ports are plugged)

Current set up:
Low side: radium 10orb to 6an PCV to a 90 6an to npt adapter with a 1/4 npt push lock fitting with 1/4 air hose —> in catch can with 6an npt adapter with another npt push lock —> out catch can 6an 90 adapter with push lock into the 6 an with a push lock on my intake manifold.

High side: running oem flapper with a filter VTA

I’ll probably end up using the port on the head to use the VTT vac relief valve for a cleaner looking set up, but for now this works!

Let me know if you want me to add some pictures.

Last edited:

BEAT_ITN54

Private
Aug 25, 2022
I think most people go with 8AN or larger lines which are too big (in my opinion) for the system. I recently did my install using Radium cans, VTT VC fitting, VTT mini check ,6AN hoses on the low side and 10AN on the high side with the OEM flapper valve. With the engine idling and the dipstick from the low side can removed there is a very strong vacuum (in the can) which suggests that the vacuum pull is more than enough to evacuate the crankcase during low load conditions. To date I have not gotten a single code nor drop of oil in the system.

Ya most people go over kill and then have problems that they chase or revert back to stock. Vacuum source line should only be around 5/16 I'd.

Reactions: Smokeuuu

Smokeuuu

Jul 19, 2022
Good time to update!

I actually am using the radium PCV i ditched the 2jz pcv. I found out even running 6an the lines were too big and I was still sucking oil into my intake.

(Head ports are plugged)

Current set up:
Low side: radium 10orb to 6an PCV to a 90 6an to npt adapter with a 1/4 npt push lock fitting with 1/4 air hose —> in catch can with 6an npt adapter with another npt push lock —> out catch can 6an 90 adapter with push lock into the 6 an with a push lock on my intake manifold.

High side: running oem flapper with a filter VTA

I’ll probably end up using the port on the head to use the VTT vac relief valve for a cleaner looking set up, but for now this works!

Let me know if you want me to add some pictures.
@Stevo585 Yeah pictures would be great

billj457

Lurker
Mar 30, 2020
I've previously come to the same conclusion, the VTT low side -8 AN is way too big and pulls too much vacuum, so much that you could hear the whistling as the air was getting sucked past the piston rings! I had to revert back to the OEM low side while I figured out my next steps. The Radium PCV seems to be a better approach vs a check valve b/w the catch can and TB, I also ordered one and will be revisiting my low side, this time with plugged head ports, 5/16" hoses, and the Radium PCV.

Reactions: Smokeuuu