VTT GC's make 902WTQ / 830WHP

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
attachment.jpg

Edit: Ran it again after brief cool down, made 910WTQ...

Hey guys. Had the car on the dyno again today, with the new cams, manifold, besides everything the same as before. 100% E85, 85% DI, a little PI mixed in, GC turbos, etc

Cams are WORKING! The car made 750WHP on about 18-19 psi of boost. It took closer to 22-23 lbs to do that previously. We wanted to push a little bit so put the high map back in, and this is the first time we cannot hook up on the dyno in 4th. Dumped VHT on the tires, and roller. No dice, in 4th gear as soon as it comes on boost, redline instantly.

This means we had no choice but to run 5th gear, 1st run in 5th with the higher map it hooked up, misfired at 5500, and I was astounded to see 822WHP/862WTQ.
surprised.gif

Fixed the misfire (plug related) and turned boost up a little, and it put down this run you see 830WHP/902WTQ by far the most TQ ever made by an N54, and honestly pretty unreal. Power was a little less than before, I think this is related to the 5th gear pull. The graph is also not near as pretty because of the slow nature of a higher gear pull.

Interesting to note car makes 500WTQ at 2600, and 650 at 3K, it also holds 750WHP to redline. These motors are the real deal!

On to the bad news, these turbos are tapped out, they have no business making this power, and they cannot breath up top to feed these cams. If we truly want to test the cams UP TOP, we need to put some bigger turbos on the car. Stage 3 will be back on it in the near future so we have more properly suited turbos for this kind of power.

Either way, its fun to see what the N54 can do when its moving some air...
naughty.gif

Highest run was done on 28.8 peak boost, and 20.8 at redline, poor turbos, just can't keep up. 100% WGDC by 6000RPM. MHD read slightly higher as usual, but our AEM sensor confirms actual manifold boost.

Quick Break down:
Closed deck short block
Ported head
Stock valve sizes
Shrick High Lift cams
Fab Factory intake manifold
VTT GC Turbos
VTT custom intakes
VTT Silicone charge pipe
ADE Catch can, with custom lines
ATi super damper (No Misfires)
VTT Crank Bolt Capture
Spec Twin disc clutch
100% E85
VTT Double Barrel Shotgun
LPS Alpha-Loc Throttle body connection
More things I am sure I am forgetting

MHD log is here: http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbotech/vtt-gc-830whp902wtq?log=0&data=3-23-30&zoom=20-91

Last edited:

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
damn. I wish the N54 platform could fit more rubber to handle all these crazy numbers

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Wow very impressive!

Maybe I read it wrong but what would the estimated power have been in 4th gear?
Is there a way to convert that?

Just trying to compare apples to apple.. Bigggg freaking apples and lots of them lol!!

• Love
Reactions: Dave_N54

TJ Jrackers

Private
Dec 9, 2016
Very interesting news about the cams! There hasn't really been any dyno results from them until now

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Ok, we caught it before it went out. Keep in mind, its much less sexy, its water cut chromoly, bare metal. Its also a super tight fit due the design of the ati damper. It has no slots, so basically it has to be installed at the same time as the crank bolt, as you have to index the crank bolt to fit the capture. The ATI made it a hassle to fit, but I made one that fits

Erichale77

Lieutenant
Nov 14, 2016
Clearwater, FL
Ride
07 E92 coupe
Thanx Tony. Cant see it on car anyways. lol. Those Alpha-loc connecters look nice. Does the 3" fit our throttle body with no problems?

Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
Yes, and no. It fits, but its slightly smaller then TB opening. You have to cut the TB down, then take it apart so it can be welded. Then I port matched it. Honestly was a huge pain in the butt to get on there, but it looks awesome, and works cool. I'm glad I did now

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas
Nice data and awesome numbers! When you get the man sized fans back on her we'll see how tuning complements the new cam things lol. 900tq... Geez...

AlexN

Private
Feb 28, 2017
Ride
2012 E92 335IS 6MT
Wow, this is amazing. Unreal numbers!
Keep going at this rate and who knows, maybe one day we'll see Supra guys doing N54 swaps o_O

Last edited: