VTT GC's make 902WTQ / 830WHP

Liteweight13

Jun 30, 2017
Ride
2008 E92
What is amazing is how much fuel system is left. Did anyone notice the HPFP PSI over 3000 psi the entire run on full E85. Good to see there is a 1,000 hp capable fuel system available.

Danksies

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
NoVA
Weren't others as well having issues with the schrick cams for the n54? Well glad to see they're in and working on at least 1 car. Time to slap some bigger turbos and really see how the cams do

Guess we've found the limits to the GC's? 800hp/900tq on twins is mighty impressive!

Liteweight13

Jun 30, 2017
Ride
2008 E92
With these numbers hard to imagine why anyone would want to bother with a single turbo. I think the stage 3's should be close to breaking 1000 whp.

Oct 24, 2016
Scottsdale, AZ
With these numbers hard to imagine why anyone would want to bother with a single turbo. I think the stage 3's should be close to breaking 1000 whp.

We ask the same question. ;) Seriously though, the GC's are awesome but have no business making this much power, they're out of their league at these airflows. Car is nasty, scary, dangerously fast.

Stage 3 on here with all the lessons we've learned... well, there is a reason Tony is putting a roll cage in the car.

Chris

Liteweight13

Jun 30, 2017
Ride
2008 E92
We ask the same question. ;) Seriously though, the GC's are awesome but have no business making this much power, they're out of their league at these airflows. Car is nasty, scary, dangerously fast.

Stage 3 on here with all the lessons we've learned... well, there is a reason Tony is putting a roll cage in the car.

Chris
Cant wait to see some numbers for the 3's. Hoping you guys can break 1,000 with stock location turbos!

MoreBoost

Sergeant
Jul 27, 2017
Ride
335i
View attachment 19061
Edit: Ran it again after brief cool down, made 910WTQ...

Hey guys. Had the car on the dyno again today, with the new cams, manifold, besides everything the same as before. 100% E85, 85% DI, a little PI mixed in, GC turbos, etc

Cams are WORKING! The car made 750WHP on about 18-19 psi of boost. It took closer to 22-23 lbs to do that previously. We wanted to push a little bit so put the high map back in, and this is the first time we cannot hook up on the dyno in 4th. Dumped VHT on the tires, and roller. No dice, in 4th gear as soon as it comes on boost, redline instantly.

This means we had no choice but to run 5th gear, 1st run in 5th with the higher map it hooked up, misfired at 5500, and I was astounded to see 822WHP/862WTQ. View attachment 19062

Fixed the misfire (plug related) and turned boost up a little, and it put down this run you see 830WHP/902WTQ by far the most TQ ever made by an N54, and honestly pretty unreal. Power was a little less than before, I think this is related to the 5th gear pull. The graph is also not near as pretty because of the slow nature of a higher gear pull.

Interesting to note car makes 500WTQ at 2600, and 650 at 3K, it also holds 750WHP to redline. These motors are the real deal!

On to the bad news, these turbos are tapped out, they have no business making this power, and they cannot breath up top to feed these cams. If we truly want to test the cams UP TOP, we need to put some bigger turbos on the car. Stage 3 will be back on it in the near future so we have more properly suited turbos for this kind of power.

Either way, its fun to see what the N54 can do when its moving some air...View attachment 19063

Highest run was done on 28.8 peak boost, and 20.8 at redline, poor turbos, just can't keep up. 100% WGDC by 6000RPM. MHD read slightly higher as usual, but our AEM sensor confirms actual manifold boost.

Quick Break down:
Closed deck short block
Ported head
Stock valve sizes
Shrick High Lift cams
Fab Factory intake manifold
VTT GC Turbos
VTT custom intakes
VTT Silicone charge pipe
ADE Catch can, with custom lines
ATi super damper (No Misfires)
VTT Crank Bolt Capture
Spec Twin disc clutch
100% E85
VTT Double Barrel Shotgun
LPS Alpha-Loc Throttle body connection
More things I am sure I am forgetting

MHD log is here: http://www.datazap.me/u/vargasturbotech/vtt-gc-830whp902wtq?log=0&data=3-23-30&zoom=20-91

What was the spark plug setup on this?