VRSF 1000whp 7.5″ Stepped Race Intercooler FMIC Review!!!

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
115f ambient, one of the hottest days on record here in Sydney, Australia.

Logs starts at 138f extreme testing our rhd single bottom mount kit

Now that's how an intercooler log should look like heat soaked to the buggery and see what it can do with all that heat.

11.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Torgus and chrisdfv

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Welcome @Grimmage (at least posting-wise, since you mentioned you've lurked for a while) ... look forward to seeing more as you dial it up. Keep us posted please!

Youtube is cool as long as it is *part* of the content in the forum thread, which is what we seem to have here. Community members can be sensitive to Youtube drive-bys: where people use the forum as a junk mail drop - that is, they are not here to be part of the community, interact, etc ... just want to "market" us with content from other places, or post advertising on behalf of vendors. I'm not implying you are doing this - I'm just explaining the sensitivity, that's all.

I also appreciate that you told us that your post was, in part, driven by the vendor asking you to post. Nothing wrong with that, but I for one appreciate the transparency.

Filippo

tisdrew

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
09 335i 6MT
Not the cleanest logs (I left it on DTC for the lower one as the roads were a bit damp from rain) but you see it made a pretty big difference. Boost on top log peaks at 25 and boost on bottom log was 24 so not a clean apples::apples. I'm hoping I can get some better logs here shortly.

Grimmage

Lurker
Dec 21, 2016
Virginia Beach
www.youtube.com
Ride
2007 BMW 335i E92
Welcome @Grimmage (at least posting-wise, since you mentioned you've lurked for a while) ... look forward to seeing more as you dial it up. Keep us posted please!

Youtube is cool as long as it is *part* of the content in the forum thread, which is what we seem to have here. Community members can be sensitive to Youtube drive-bys: where people use the forum as a junk mail drop - that is, they are not here to be part of the community, interact, etc ... just want to "market" us with content from other places, or post advertising on behalf of vendors. I'm not implying you are doing this - I'm just explaining the sensitivity, that's all.

I also appreciate that you told us that your post was, in part, driven by the vendor asking you to post. Nothing wrong with that, but I for one appreciate the transparency.

Filippo
I can understand the sensitivity but I’ve been on this platform for over 4 years now. I’m very active on Facebook in all the groups there my name is Ryan Grimm. I hardly ever push my YouTube videos if people wanna watch them they can do a YouTube search for the content. I just figured since I was doing a review thread I might as well attach the unboxing video to complete the experience. Thanks for the official welcome

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
I can understand the sensitivity but I’ve been on this platform for over 4 years now. I’m very active on Facebook in all the groups there my name is Ryan Grimm. I hardly ever push my YouTube videos if people wanna watch them they can do a YouTube search for the content. I just figured since I was doing a review thread I might as well attach the unboxing video to complete the experience. Thanks for the official welcome
Again, as I said, I was not implying you were doing so, just explaining the sensitivity in general. Again, look forward to seeing your progress as the car dials up. Let us know how it's going!

Filippo

Reactions: Grimmage

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
I have to agree with ryan. Although we are buddies and I'm a youtuber as well, Im gonna try my best not to be biased here... But he was merely posting an unboxing video. This thread afterall is a "review" thread and includes before and after logs, and an unboxing video as well so potential buyers can get an idea of what the product is like first hand. which is beneficial over say just pictures. (probably exactly what Tiago wanted)

@fmorelli I don't mean to discredit anything you say about the Youtube thing, and I think you said some completely valid points. But I also know @Grimmage has been in the N54 scene a long time, and is not just some new guy looking for youtube subs...

as I said in the first comment, why the animosity to youtube? had he of posted a few pictures there would be no issues. but since he's showing what the fmic looks like first hand through a video (which is way better than pictures anyways) there is animosity towards him for some reason and everyone just assumes the worst that hes only here to gain subs...

Last edited:

martymil

Major General
Sep 6, 2017
Down Under
Ride
S65 1m
Here is mine from last night starts of at 120f heat soaked after lining up at the drags for 10 minutes and finishes on 133f

Need a fan override switch for staging, only a 13f rise over 4 gears at 27psi, custom plazmaman ic.

1.jpg

Reactions: Grimmage