VRSF 1000whp 7.5″ Stepped Race Intercooler FMIC Review!!!

Grimmage

Lurker
Dec 21, 2016
Virginia Beach
www.youtube.com
Ride
2007 BMW 335i E92
Hey Guys whats going on!

I'm here to give you guys a detailed review of the VRSF 7.5" Race FMIC. I wont tell you anything you cant already find on their website under the product description for there is no need to be redundant. Lets start off with my over all experience with VRSF, I placed the order for this on Sunday May 5th, 2019 after a very disappointing pull on the dyno for Boost Crews Mayhem Meet. I was victim to massive amounts of heat soak leading to massive amounts of timing being pulled out of the engine. I made 613 WHP on 26 psi at -9.8 degrees timing. Yes very disappointing. Anyways lets get back on track, I ordered the 7.5" FMIC from VRSF on Sunday May 5th 2019 and received it Wednesday, May 8th 2019. Super quick and free shipping via FedEx. I made an unboxing video and posted it to my YouTube, link is posted below if you are interested in watching it so you will have an expectation on what you will receive. The installation was very straight forward and only took me about two hours from start to completion. Yes, you have to trim A LOT of the plastic that sits behind your bumper cover but don't worry, none of it is structural at all. The purpose of that plastic is to channel air down to the stock FMIC. I've posted some before and after logs from the old school VRSF 7" FMIC in comparison to the new VRSF 7.5" Stepped Race FMIC. The results were staggering! Keep in mind the before log was taken in March where ambient air temperature was a lot cooler here in Virginia than it was when I took the after log in May with the 7.5". I couldn't be happier with the performance of this FMIC and the customer support of the whole team down at VRSF! A+ well done!!!

***Notice Map is the same. Circled in red for reference since I didn't include boost in the attached logs.***

Unboxing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT2ll95cTNY

Before (VRSF 7 INCH FMIC)

AFTER (VRSF 7.5 INCH STEPPED RACE FMIC)

tisdrew

Corporal
Jun 27, 2017
Ride
09 335i 6MT
I just installed mine over the weekend, first drive was this morning. Made pretty similar numbers to yours 625@30psi with my old intercooler (ETS 7"). I'll post up some logs this week and do a before/after. My IATs were just under 140*, over 160* is nuts!

Reactions: Grimmage

Clean WHP

Corporal
Apr 24, 2017
Ride
2010 135i Msport 6MT
why the animosity for youtube? we all gotta start somewhere. Youtube is great and making content can be super fun. Always love when people who make ZERO youtube content hate on people who are new to making content.

gmagnus7

Corporal
Dec 3, 2018
Ride
135i N54
Were the before and after both on dynos? Just wondering because real world test when actually driving don't get the same heat-soak issues. Also I've always wondering about pressure drop issues with the bigger race FMICs. Any changes is WGDC or anything in the logs?

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
They are cheap and she hasn’t been having any issues with the XHP custom tune on it strong as ever. I re did all seals and what not

lmao that trans gonna last one hit at 40 psi if it's not built

what turbo do you have on it? good luck with the build

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
why the animosity for youtube? we all gotta start somewhere. Youtube is great and making content can be super fun. Always love when people who make ZERO youtube content hate on people who are new to making content.
Because when it’s the first post or a post “asking” you to go look at their YouTube channel is just another marketing barrage. We’re all tired of unasked for marketing around every corner. If you wanna start a YouTube channel, great. Put a f*ckingsticker in your rear quarter window and then make some super solid posts and people will notice the sticker, or not, and decide if they wanna investigate, or not. It’s just annoying is all.

Grimmage

Lurker
Dec 21, 2016
Virginia Beach
www.youtube.com
Ride
2007 BMW 335i E92
Were the before and after both on dynos? Just wondering because real world test when actually driving don't get the same heat-soak issues. Also I've always wondering about pressure drop issues with the bigger race FMICs. Any changes is WGDC or anything in the logs?
Both of those logs are on the road not on the dyno

Grimmage

Lurker
Dec 21, 2016
Virginia Beach
www.youtube.com
Ride
2007 BMW 335i E92
Because when it’s the first post or a post “asking” you to go look at their YouTube channel is just another marketing barrage. We’re all tired of unasked for marketing around every corner. If you wanna start a YouTube channel, great. Put a f*ckingsticker in your rear quarter window and then make some super solid posts and people will notice the sticker, or not, and decide if they wanna investigate, or not. It’s just annoying is all.
I didn’t ask anyone to look at the YouTube video... I posted it for anyone wondering what to expect if they buy it. I don’t care if anyone watches it. The video was created because Tiago asked me too...