VIDEO: Best Port Injection Kit? With Side-By-Side Comparison!

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
2015 M3, 2008 135i, 2009 335i
If you're already following my build/channel, thanks! But if not, I wanted to share this info here because I think it'll be helpful to anyone interested in port injection. I describe in detail why I switched kits and what to look out for if you're considering port injection on your N54 or N55.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Why does the "black market" rail look like a knock off of the fuel-it rail?

LOL fu_el_it is blocked from this forum? WTF

Fuel_it_n54_fuel_rail.jpg

langsbr

Captain
Apr 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i 6MT e90
Really strange since both Dave and Steve had accounts here, and there were even FB posts linking to their threads. Nothing since August though...

I do like the BMP has the studs instead of just longer bolts. I think Twisted offers just studs and they are pretty pricey for 6 studs, so that's a good value in the BMP kit.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Really strange since both Dave and Steve had accounts here, and there were even FB posts linking to their threads. Nothing since August though...

I do like the BMP has the studs instead of just longer bolts. I think Twisted offers just studs and they are pretty pricey for 6 studs, so that's a good value in the BMP kit.

The fu_el-it comes with 2 nylon alignment dowels and then 6 bolts as the bolts are easier to install. Having lost a few nuts myself and stripped the top of a stud once removing I can see where they are coming from there.

Last edited:

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
Another major difference you forgot to mention is the injector angle

Ahh, good point! This was on my mind but I forgot to talk about it. Being in front of the camera for 10+ minutes makes you a bit scrambled lol.

The angle is identical for all cylinders on the BMP kit, but I wasn’t worried about that with the MMP kit. AD-E is the only kit with a questionable injector angle, in my opinion.

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
As far as the Fuel—It similarities, that’s a good point. Never noticed until you said that. But as an N54 customer, I’m all for more options and vendor competition! How many different ways can you design a PI spacer though?

Fuel—It makes a good kit and I’ve installed their kit on a friend’s car. Like I said in the video, I would recommend it. But for me, the BMP offers better value for the price. I see no reason to spend twice the money on a similar kit with a different name brand.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Yes copying another vendors parts is a great way to save on R&D! The Fuel--IT kit is $1299. I'm sure someone will China copy it also and start selling for $200 some day. It's hard for real vendors to justify any sort of hard parts development for the platform at this point which is a little sad for its prospects long term. Like I always say if you can't beat them join them I guess.

Mar 14, 2017
Minot, ND
Ride
2010 135i
Dont forget that you can always go port runners too ;)
If I was running a sandwich plate design it would be the BMP rail 100%. But what I’m not fond of is the offset injectors on each kit and a 90* spray angle. I’ve ran plates before and always seemed to have issues. This will be my first season with the manifold but I forsee a lot of those old issues going away this year.
05790378-DB7E-4785-B94D-D7023D70A029.jpeg
E691A600-AF22-4E45-9A8E-6B32452B5437.jpeg
17DE0F05-DEB5-414B-8E16-E0E3CA5230E1.jpeg

V8bait

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Texas

Blatant disregard for the rules and an entitled mindset that they are too good to be bothered by things like rules for months after multiple warnings from Tyler led to the removal as far as I know.

I've seen just about every PI kit. I like the BMP a lot but wish those AIC would go away and be replaced with something nicer, but cheap is cheap and it's good enough for these cars so I guess that's that.

Reactions: doublespaces

suspenceful

10 Second Club
Aug 1, 2017
Ride
Yes copying another vendors parts is a great way to save on R&D! The Fuel--IT kit is $1299. I'm sure someone will China copy it also and start selling for $200 some day. It's hard for real vendors to justify any sort of hard parts development for the platform at this point which is a little sad for its prospects long term. Like I always say if you can't beat them join them I guess.

Good products will always be copied. Sucks for the original manufacturer/vendor, but levels out the playing field for consumers. Happens in every market, and I've had my own products copied in other avenues. Either way, I'm a fan of not paying BMW tax when possible.

Another difference is mmp has additional binge if you want to add additional port meth injection..

This is true. However, I don't know of many people that run both PI and meth. Meth has never been of interest to me, so I didn't focus on that.

Dont forget that you can always go port runners too ;)
If I was running a sandwich plate design it would be the BMP rail 100%. But what I’m not fond of is the offset injectors on each kit and a 90* spray angle. I’ve ran plates before and always seemed to have issues. This will be my first season with the manifold but I forsee a lot of those old issues going away this year.

I didn't forget :) towards the end of the video I explain that the only better option would be an integrated manifold, with reason. I'm waiting for the Doc Race manifold!

I've seen just about every PI kit. I like the BMP a lot but wish those AIC would go away and be replaced with something nicer, but cheap is cheap and it's good enough for these cars so I guess that's that.

Agreed. I'm on the fence for tuning, because I love some of the features of JB4 and all the integration, but feel like I might be leaving performance/driveability on the table. Ditching JB4 would mean I'd be forced to get an AIC. As much as I want to try the BoostBox, this is holding me back.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
Good products will always be copied. Sucks for the original manufacturer/vendor, but levels out the playing field for consumers. Happens in every market, and I've had my own products copied in other avenues. Either way, I'm a fan of not paying BMW tax when possible.

This is true. However, I don't know of many people that run both PI and meth. Meth has never been of interest to me, so I didn't focus on that.

I didn't forget :) towards the end of the video I explain that the only better option would be an integrated manifold, with reason. I'm waiting for the Doc Race manifold!

Agreed. I'm on the fence for tuning, because I love some of the features of JB4 and all the integration, but feel like I might be leaving performance/driveability on the table. Ditching JB4 would mean I'd be forced to get an AIC. As much as I want to try the BoostBox, this is holding me back.

In reference to the AIC, look at the AIC2-P over the normally used AIC6. Adds better logging, compensation tables, use with tunerpro and a few other things that are better than the AIC6 everyone is using. It's what i've been recommending to people lately over the AIC6 and have had excellent results with it.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars

correct i offer studs with my kits. But also offer them to people that just need the studs.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Why does the "black market" rail look like a knock off of the ******* rail?

LOL fu_el_it is blocked from this forum? WTF

Fuel_it_n54_fuel_rail.jpg

I had not made a scene about this, this was done quietly and out of the public eye because I have no interest in making a spectacle. Steve is your business partner, he's your admin buddy at n54tech so its clear you already knew this, if not, its your job to know those things. Steve refuses to abide by any rules, so he is no longer welcome here, same reason as Tony, just in a different way. This is plain and simple. You tell Steve to contact me and tell me he wants to be respectful for a change and abide by very simple rules that nobody else has a problem with and we can talk shop. But he won't do that(he has already ignored me on this subject) and so this thing you find funny is of no fault of my own. When people show me a sign of disrespect, they are 86'd in my book.

Reminds me, how n54tech has blocked spoolstreet ever since the moment you heard about us. Reminds me of Steve telling me to give up on the forum and that it was pointless and would never succeed. Why do you laugh at this situation yet block this forum simultaneously, a bit hypocritical don't you think considering Steve is an N54Tech partner/admin? At least I have a good reason, rules have been broken and there was no intention of abiding or being apologetic. It sounds like the old guard is getting scared of losing control instead of cooperating. I've been nothing but nice to you guys, happy to help promote your things and what not. But you only block me and apparently mock me with your 'LOL' instead. Perhaps I see now why you and Shiv always went at it? One of us has an agenda here with money and business on the line, and its not me. By the way, I'm glad you've been able to sell your Dragys here among other products your vendors promote at no charge.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
The fu_el-it comes with 2 nylon alignment dowels and then 6 bolts as the bolts are easier to install. Having lost a few nuts myself and stripped the top of a stud once removing I can see where they are coming from there.

View attachment 9090

So you intentionally bypass the word censor to advertise a banned member... And you do this and expect not to get banned? @Terry@BMS do you make the rules here? This is the type of arrogance and disrespect that I'm talking about. Steve, you, Tony and Joseph, you're all alike in this way, you're just quieter about it. Doing this kind of stuff means you have zero respect for the rules set by someone else, clearly. The next time you do this you'll be permanently banned from the forum just like you were on Bimmerpost. If it makes you feel better you may leave in advance and tell people you broke up with me first. I'm happy to take all four of you on in this stupid game of whose better, just means this board will be free of the bullshit and drama. Every day this board stands it will just result in a little less money in all of your pockets.

I've tried to reach out to you, you've denied my friend requests, do not respond to my messages, all the while I've allowed you to post here, promoting your things, I've even written posts about your products and gone out of my way to fetch that information from @Payam@BMS. Payam even gets in trouble for posting information on this forum, what kind of rules does he operate under over there? Poor guy!

If you want to show some mutual respect, then please contact me. Reply here in fact, I don't care. If this is wrong, let me know because from where I sit, unless there is some severe mis-communication, you are intentionally and actively trying to undermine this site and have refused to communicate or cooperate with me in any way or manner. THE ACTIVE BLOCK ON THIS FORUM SINCE DAY ONE AT N54TECH IS TESTAMENT TO TO THIS. But until then, everyone can simply know that you are just looking for ways to be malicious. I am going to bump this thread every time I'm reminded of this situation until I receive a reply from you.

Reactions: Hydra Performance

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
Tony is a loose cannon, but if you're not able to get along with Steve then you know you're doing something wrong. He's one of the most chill and professional vendors out there for the platform. I think you've somehow become drunk with "internet power" and gone off the deep end.

If you don't want me or Payam to chime in posts here feel free to remove us also. Frankly it's your loss. This is a very low volume forum and people join and post in small forums like this to interact with professionals like Tony, Steve, Payam, and myself.