VIDEO: Best Port Injection Kit? With Side-By-Side Comparison!

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Tony is a loose cannon, but if you're not able to get along with Steve then you know you're doing something wrong. He's one of the most chill and professional vendors out there for the platform. I think you've somehow become drunk with "internet power" and gone off the deep end.

If you don't want me or Payam to chime in posts here feel free to remove us also. Frankly it's your loss. This is a very low volume forum and people join and post in small forums like this to interact with professionals like Tony, Steve, Payam, and myself.
Terry, when someone asks you to refrain from advertising in a certain place yet you do it anyway and even go so far as to hijack a competitors promotional campaign to advertise your own things, you consider that "most chill and professional"?

If Steve goes into someone's house and they have rules, does he go around breaking them and reminding everyone, "Don't worry folks, I'm Steve, I'm the most chill and professional person, its okay if I break these rules. I also stayed at a holiday inn express last night".

You blocking this forum since day one, that is also "most chill and professional"?

If a request is made for an individual to respect a rule, yet they literally ignore your requests, that is not drunk with power. That is being rude. You call it drunk with power. I call it, I don't give a fuck who any of you guys think you are, if there's a rule it applies to everyone not just my favorite buddies and people who give me money. I think what you mean about all of this, is that I have a very low tolerance for bullshit. Particularly for people who have been blocking my forum since it started and have repetitively ignored my requests to abide by a ruleset because they believe they are above those rules. Everyone else here seems to operate within the rules just fine.

This sounds like the Terry I remember from years ago fighting with Shiv, psychologically twisting words trying to make people look bad. You say its a low volume forum, but we have a traffic record here every month. You can feel it on your board and you can see it on others. I am incredibly easy to get along with, there are countless vendors here who do. I simply ask that basic respect is given. The fact that you cannot, or in the original scope of this question, Steve cannot, is actually the part which should be pointed out. You've been attacking this forum by trying to shut it out for a year and a half, I've been putting up with that since the beginning, this isn't just 'out of nowhere'. You still have not explained why you've blocked this forum since day one. You've still not explained why you've refused to communicate or be cooperative.

For anyone who wants to know the answer, its because he has an agenda, but I'll wait for him to admit this himself.

I await your response.

Regards,
Tyler

Reactions: Hydra Performance

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Who knew my port injection review would ruffle so many feathers across multiple forums?

I'm sorry, this will become a dedicated thread in the dispute section soon. Hopefully Terry responds to the questions he doesn't want to answer because it depicts him as being malicious, without trying to continually change the subject by attacking me instead. He attacks my moderating decision, he now attacks my personality. Yet he still has not answered the questions that shine light on his underlying motives which have existed since I had probably, 50 members. Hardly a reaction to my internet 'power', this was pre-emptive, premeditated. This has been going on quietly since the day he heard I was starting a forum. An active attempt to smother the site by refusing all links pointing to it. Well, surprise, I'm still here and growing rapidly.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
In terms of Steve I heard a very different story from what I consider a credible source.

As to your question about the word "spoolstreet" being censored on n54tech I honestly didn't even remember it still was. About a year ago someone started spamming n54tech with your link presumably to get clicks. bummerboost had/has some sort of beef with you, noticed it on our forum, and asked us to block your link.

In terms of communication I sit around writing emails all day. I do not use or check any other means of communication. If you've been sending me private messages you probably noticed I disabled the private message system. Like I do on every forum. Because I'm never going to check or reply to them. If you want to communicate with me email me.

Regarding your readership I really couldn't care less one way or the other. I'm not in the forum business. N54tech is there so we have a place to post firmware for our customers and provide them technical support. My point was forums like this need content provided by members like myself, Steve, Tony, and others you're quick to remove. Without the content and room for discussion/debate they become circle jerks that are boring to read. You should be paying us to participate here.

Regarding arguing with people on forums I've been doing this since before car forums existed, when they were email lists, and IRC chat rooms before then. I even ran my own dial in bulletin board in the early 90s to argue about FWD vs. RWD. Truth is I missing arguing with Shiv. It was a lot of fun and quite educational. The good old days. :)

• Dumb
Reactions: veer90

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
In terms of Steve I heard a very different story from what I consider a credible source.
VTrAFk5.png

Dave and Steve both read this post and did not reply. This was after Steve went into Omar's LPFP giveaway thread and used that thread to sell his own DW400 pump. People were upset about this, myself included because that is very disrespecful. I've had numerous conversations with Steve about this matter so it appears you are misinformed.

As to your question about the word "spoolstreet" being censored on n54tech I honestly didn't even remember it still was. About a year ago someone started spamming n54tech with your link presumably to get clicks. bummerboost had/has some sort of beef with you, noticed it on our forum, and asked us to block your link.

Sure, remove the block, I'll lift Steves block once we can have a meeting of minds and we will continue from there shall we? If you're truly being genuine about this. This board has and will continue to grow the way it is, this would be more symbolic than anything. I hope I am wrong, but I just do not feel like you have any intention of being cooperative. I've never had a problem with you Terry, despite you blocking my forum...At least until last night, where you are essentially mocking my moderating decisions.

By the way, I never once posted a spoolstreet link publicly on n54tech's forum nodes, so to the best of my memory, this is not accurate. I never made fake accounts and spammed bummer boost. I never made a bunch of fake accounts and spammed n54tech. Go ahead and look up my post history on n54tech, I've got nothing there. I joined in 2009 and barely use it. I on the otherhand do recall Joseph making lots of fake accounts at e90post and doing exactly this.

Truth is I missing arguing with Shiv. It was a lot of fun and quite educational. The good old days. :)

I don't actually miss that at all and I was a reader. Regarding Joseph's beef with me, this beef started out in N5X Enthusiasts where he pranced around saying he is the reason why open source flashing exists. When both me and you know that is not true. In fact, my reversing attempts and decompiling of Duram's software and your contacting of Duram were the only two actions which could be attributed to that being created outside of the actual code work which was done by neither of us. His insistence that I was nobody and he was everybody and that he 'brought open source flashing to the platform' is what lead to his departure from that Facebook group, he is an arrogant asshole.

Perhaps you remember sending Jojo and I this email:
mJvd05T.png

So needless to say I take offense to someone prancing around in my facebook group disrespecting me and spreading lies about being the forefather of N54 PC flashing...

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
My point was forums like this need content provided by members like myself, Steve, Tony, and others you're quick to remove. Without the content and room for discussion/debate they become circle jerks that are boring to read. You should be paying us to participate here.

Ah, yes, that is why N5X Enthusiasts has several hundred people joining every month and that includes us denying quite a lot of membership requests. Because last time I checked, you and Tony were NEVER in that group. If you were, you never made a mention-able contribution. Steve never made a post that wasn't an advertisement that got deleted as he never obeyed a single rule. Payam is the only one you mention that has been a member here and there and he told me he gets in trouble for posting here, presumably due to the politics he is wrapped up in with you guys. So it doesn't sound like you know what you're talking about, I'm sure that was largely true when communities were nothing more than chain emails and IRC chatrooms(which are still popular today by the way). But in the current state of the internet, people seek out communities differently. If people join forums exclusively to interact with Terry Burger and not mostly because they get free tech help, n54tech would be more busy than Chernobyl.

There is no denying that having vendors means more to talk about, but I will not let people run rickshaw in order to have a couple more threads to discuss. And when you say, "Others you're quick to remove". Which others exactly? Do you have a personal connection with these 'others'? This is the complete and current ban list:

KPD1dYY.png

Also, there are quite a number of other vendors than the two in this photo who can and will bring valuable discussion to the community.

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
People read forums like this not only to interact with professionals but to read our discussions/debates with other professionals about the best approaches to certain problems, preferred mods, etc. Obviously there is an advertising component that benefits us vendors once a critical mass of readership is achieved. Those old threads with Shiv and I going back and forth, and other vendors going back and forth, was the best thing e90post had going for it. It's not by accident that N54 area is a dud now. bummerboost had a lot more activity when Tony was active. And I rarely see much stuff here worth following presumably as result of the forum moderation. Regardless if you didn't enjoy reading those posts way back then we'll just have to agree to disagree on it. Your forum your rules on that. Other than state my personal opinion in a post or two I've not stuck my nose in your forum business.

On the situation with Steve it's between you and him. I've heard both sides and I have my own opinion which is I'm sure is clear by now. But he can fight his own battles. As I mentioned him not posting here is ultimately your loss. Same goes for Tony, BMS, and any other vendors you run out of here.

Regarding N54tech to keep the peace I removed the spoolstreet censorship which I had forgotton was on. The spammed posts related to "give aways" encouraging customers to click a link to a thread on this forum or a facebook page to participate. Rather than being posted in the "for sale" area where all vendors are allowed to freely post they were being copied in to each sub forum. Anyway old news now.

Last edited:

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
People read forums like this not only to interact with professionals but to read our discussions/debates with other professionals about the best approaches to certain problems, preferred mods, etc. Obviously there is an advertising component that benefits us vendors once a critical mass of readership is achieved. Those old threads with Shiv and I going back and forth, and other vendors going back and forth, was the best thing e90post had going for it. It's not by accident that N54 area is a dud now. bummerboost had a lot more activity when Tony was active. And I rarely see much stuff here worth following presumably as result of the forum moderation. Regardless if you didn't enjoy reading those posts way back then we'll just have to agree to disagree on it. Your forum your rules on that. Other than state my personal opinion in a post or two I've not stuck my nose in your forum business.

The problem with e90post was the censorship involved, that is one of the primary reasons everyone left. I was member #414 at bummer boost, I know you were there earlier but I was among that first wave of people to make the transition so I know. In fact, I battled against shiv on your side on various topics but I argued issues more than people.

There is no censorship here because it 'suits my fancy'. Anything that a valid member posts here remains here, however it may be moved to a more suitable place, such as the Dispute | Octagon section, same way any forum is managed. We have an entire section dedicated for the drama and the arguments, I welcome it when necessary but it just needs to be in the correct place.
On the situation with Steve it's between you and him. I've heard both sides and I have my own opinion which is I'm sure is clear by now. But he can fight his own battles. As I mentioned him not posting here is ultimately your loss. Same goes for Tony, BMS, and any other vendors you run out of here.

Tony ran himself out of here due to his behavior combined with the way I want to see this forum operate. We had an agreement to part ways and I'll simply leave it at that and will not comment beyond this or garnish the matter. As much as Steve has gotten on my poor side, to the point where any mis-step and I am ready to tear the house down, I'll still speak to him if he is willing to simply abide by the same rules everyone else has. Even you have been in compliance with all these rules most likely without even trying to so I do not feel they are outrageous. So on Steve's account, my door is open and we can speak privately if he wishes. My gripe has never been his products, I simply want everyone here to row the boat in the same direction.
Regarding N54tech to keep the peace I removed the spoolstreet censorship which I had forgotton was on. The spammed posts related to "give aways" encouraging customers to click a link to a thread on this forum or a facebook page to participate. Rather than being posted in the "for sale" area where all vendors are allowed to freely post they were being copied in to each sub forum. Anyway old news now.

I highly appreciate this act, largely symbolic at this point and I'll accept it as a sign of genuine interest in being cooperative. This communication is helpful because I truly believed there was some bad feelings being harbored over there and I did not know why. I have no intention of removing you or anyone from this forum, not so long as we can communicate and you're willing to work with me.

Regarding the spammed posts, I assure you that was not me doing this. I did run a giveaway which used a built in referral system which would award people credits for entry, so that is likely where those things came from. If you do find any instance of this on my behalf, it surely would have been an isolated incident and by no means some mass operation to harvest your membership.

I have a set of rules, my vow is to apply them evenly and fairly to all the members, no matter who they are and I challenge anyone to hold me to that claim. If my rules have holes or flaws, I will assess them at that time and make modifications to ensure it follows this mentality. I want to be a neutral medium here, and not anyone's home turf.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
People read forums like this not only to interact with professionals but to read our discussions/debates with other professionals about the best approaches to certain problems, preferred mods, etc.
Since I'm one of those "people", I'm inclined to chime in. I also read forums to see how "professionals" (as you call them) claim, behave, interact with others, etc. In a couple situations my wallet has slammed shut when I had it open because, as one of those "people", I figured out it was a bad idea to spend money with certain "professionals." Forums are not a panacea; clearly there are a lot of sheep to be fleeced.

Also having started from bulletin boards, and run forums for 20+ years, I can tell you that the relationship with vendors can be very difficult to manage. I'm thankful to say that I became and am still friends with many vendors, but I also had some that decided they controlled the horizontal and vertical and would do whatever the hell they wanted. In spite of my trying to work it out with them, they decided I needed them and they didn't need me. Alpha male behavior. Some were "nice guys" as you all described, but still did whatever they wanted. Some were not nice guys to say the least. Some of them just went away mad. Some, we "made up" over the years, really having probably gained some perspective. Some would be names you would know. Anyway, by definition in my expertise, Tyler will lose some members as vendors - comes with the territory of running a forum. Inevitable. Unavoidable.

If vendors can advertise product here for free, I'm impressed that such a model can sustain - I wouldn't do all the work it takes to run a forum without getting paid. And especially when others are making money from it. Running a forum is real work. My hats off to anyone that does it.

I will leave one last comment as one of those "people": all the drama that seems to be vendor-centric is taking money off the table. It takes the sweet taste of building cars in community right out of the mouth. Anyway hope it works out for all involved.

Filippo

Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Since I'm one of those "people", I'm inclined to chime in. I also read forums to see how "professionals" (as you call them) claim, behave, interact with others, etc. In a couple situations my wallet has slammed shut when I had it open because, as one of those "people", I figured out it was a bad idea to spend money with certain "professionals." Forums are not a panacea; clearly there are a lot of sheep to be fleeced.

Also having started from bulletin boards, and run forums for 20+ years, I can tell you that the relationship with vendors can be very difficult to manage. I'm thankful to say that I became and am still friends with many vendors, but I also had some that decided they controlled the horizontal and vertical and would do whatever the hell they wanted. In spite of my trying to work it out with them, they decided I needed them and they didn't need me. Alpha male behavior best as I can tell. Some of them just went away mad. Some, we "made up" over the years, really having probably gained some perspective. Anyway, by definition in my expertise, Tyler will lose some members as vendors - comes with the territory of running a forum. Inevitable. Unavoidable.

If vendors can advertise product here for free, I'm impressed that such a model can sustain - I wouldn't do all the work it takes to run a forum without getting paid. And especially when others are making money from it. Running a forum is real work. My hats off to anyone that does it.

I will leave one last comment as one of those "people": all the drama that seems to be vendor-centric is taking money off the table. It takes the sweet taste of building cars in community right out of the mouth. Anyway hope it works out for all involved.

Filippo
Asking people for money is incredibly easy. I've had that system in place since probably the first month of being around. But I knew I have a few cavities to fill before I could consider anything like that. This server is colocated on hardware I own in a partial cabinet in Las Vegas. Due to this, my costs are fairly reasonable but mostly because I've front loaded that expense. The most expensive part is my time and the money I invest into software. I'd like to follow a different monetization model or a hybrid model. I honestly have not put serious thought into it considering that I do this because I love it, this is obviously not where my money comes from. But yes, at some point I will need to put Google ads up or something to offset the costs. I just have a few milestones to reach and I need everyone on the same page as to how things work on this forum, its a process.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
The expense is not hardware and software. It is time and energy. Specifically, opportunity cost. Because people that create things and make them real put the energy in to one thing instead of another. I spent the first two years paying all the bills, investing the time, not knowing if it would work out, et cetera. I was only willing to put in the time because I loved it. So yeah I get it. And I especially agree with your last sentence.

Filippo

veer90

Lieutenant
Nov 16, 2016
West Nyack, NY
Ride
e90 335i 6MT
this makes me want to sell my MMP

Unless you have issues with leaking injectors there's no reason to. Vendors here love to word their advertising to make you think the competitor's products suck to the point of not functioning.

So instead of "X product sucks, Y product sucks, our product Z is the only thing that works" in reality it's "X product scores 90%, Y product scores 91%, and our product Z scores 94%".

I have MMP PI - are there better ways to set up the gaskets / injector placement? Absolutely. But at the same time do my datalogs suggest any kind of fueling / boost issue? No. So Imma keep sending it.

lamia2super

Corporal
Dec 3, 2016
Miami, FL
Ride
2007 BMW 335i & 2016 Tacoma
Unless you have issues with leaking injectors there's no reason to. Vendors here love to word their advertising to make you think the competitor's products suck to the point of not functioning.

So instead of "X product sucks, Y product sucks, our product Z is the only thing that works" in reality it's "X product scores 90%, Y product scores 91%, and our product Z scores 94%".

I have MMP PI - are there better ways to set up the gaskets / injector placement? Absolutely. But at the same time do my datalogs suggest any kind of fueling / boost issue? No. So Imma keep sending it.

Well, I’ve had some issues with leaks and I’m tired of messing around with it. I’ll be selling mine once I remove it and will wait for a nice intake manifold with PI

Reactions: suspenceful