VI Engineered Top Mount Single Turbo Kit

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Oh lord is right. Super unprofessional to have another vendor come into a thread to of another vendor just to explain how a market is saturated basically due to the fact that another kit takes away from sales of their own products.

No, that's not what my comment was about. Good luck with your venture sir.

Jonvigil82

Lurker
Oct 28, 2017
Ride
Fd rx7
No, that's not what my comment was about. Good luck with your venture sir.
Thanks! We are 12 kits sold as of now and working feverishly to get them out the door. Four are out there now and three more going out by this Friday. With a few vendors either falling off or leaving the market I feel like our kit is a great option. Aj has seen how they performed and was pleased with them. We will continue to further develop and make some real power in the near future.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Oh lord is right. Super unprofessional to have another vendor come into a thread to of another vendor just to explain how a market is saturated basically due to the fact that another kit takes away from sales of their own products.
This is not your thread. Yes, it is your product, but you didn't start it.

Tony held the half mile record with twins up until Omar just took it. We'll see what both parties and others do next year.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
This is not your thread. Yes, it is your product, but you didn't start it.

Tony held the half mile record with twins up until Omar just took it. We'll see what both parties and others do next year.

Hahaha, this is why I love the fact that anyone can claim some world record with x, y, and z qualifications and just march around puffing their chest(s) out like....well....like they currently are.

Tony still has the fastest 335...and Omar isn't even close. Tony is like 6mph faster or something insane. And even Terry (or Payam) is in the 17Xmph range ahead of omar. Oh, but Tony/Terry/Payam cheated and used a 6sp (or something). Or maybe it's the inverse and Omar does it like a real man with an auto?

Oh, but I have the fastest 335i in the 1/2mi on 50mph rated doughnut spare tires. I pushed those bitches to 100mph and that makes me the ultimate risk taker.

Jonvigil82

Lurker
Oct 28, 2017
Ride
Fd rx7
I was very specific to say it was the auto record. Omar is going to be running one of our kits soon. It’ll be interesting to see what it does. Our manifolds are designed to have a larger power band as well as holding high power to rev limit.

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
Hahaha, this is why I love the fact that anyone can claim some world record with x, y, and z qualifications and just march around puffing their chest(s) out like....well....like they currently are.

Tony still has the fastest 335...and Omar isn't even close. Tony is like 6mph faster or something insane. And even Terry (or Payam) is in the 17Xmph range ahead of omar. Oh, but Tony/Terry/Payam cheated and used a 6sp (or something). Or maybe it's the inverse and Omar does it like a real man with an auto?

Oh, but I have the fastest 335i in the 1/2mi on 50mph rated doughnut spare tires. I pushed those bitches to 100mph and that makes me the ultimate risk taker.
Didn't realize that. Good info!

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
I was very specific to say it was the auto record. Omar is going to be running one of our kits soon. It’ll be interesting to see what it does. Our manifolds are designed to have a larger power band as well as holding high power to rev limit.

FWIW I set the stock auto record in 2014, running less than 1/2 mile. ;) I know these guys will pass it up soon though as auto builds improve.

attachment.jpg

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27480

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
I'm excited to run one of these kits. Jon has been nothing but helpful with my order, and his Instagram/facebook is filled with cool builds and amazing welding/fab work.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
Get used to it, if it's anything that isn't VTT or supported by\from VTT it isn't good.
Can we keep this thread on topic? Jesus Christ. Quality looks good.

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH

Get used to it, it's par for the course unfortunately.

• Agree
Reactions: 08_335i

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Get used to it, if it's anything that isn't VTT or supported by\from VTT it isn't good.
Can we keep this thread on topic? Jesus Christ. Quality looks good.

No, this isn't true at all. Plenty of respect on this board for Doc Race, for Fab Factory, for ACF, for BMS, for AD Engineering, for RB Turbos, for Fuel-It, for MMP....should I keep going? Many of these vendors have running beefs with VTT (which is easy to accomplish cause Tony is generally not very likable).

My statement of "oh lord" is and was this:

Another new to the market vendor comes in with no results, no facts/figures, no proof of superiority. He looks around the room and with vulgarity says how he is better than VTT, RB, MMP, et.al who have already proven themselves.

I'm all down for a great new product, I am. I'm eagerly awaiting CES/Steed Speed's results to compare against Payam and ACF (along with Tony's GC's). But this millennial mindset of superiority without any proof has bitten this market segment (n54 aftermarket) time and time again. What I do know is that there are pictures of a development kit, and a lackluster dyno showing full spool at 3800rpm and peaking at 634hp. That's hardly putting "twins dicks in the dirt".

This may be the new hotness... It really might. But right now there is nothing to go on except the facts portrayed and someone running their mouth with nothing to back it up.

That's what "oh lord" means.

08_335i

Sergeant
Nov 3, 2016
Ride
2008 ST 335i
No, this isn't true at all. Plenty of respect on this board for Doc Race, for Fab Factory, for ACF, for BMS, for AD Engineering, for RB Turbos, for Fuel-It, for MMP....should I keep going? Many of these vendors have running beefs with VTT (which is easy to accomplish cause Tony is generally not very likable).

My statement of "oh lord" is and was this:

Another new to the market vendor comes in with no results, no facts/figures, no proof of superiority. He looks around the room and with vulgarity says how he is better than VTT, RB, MMP, et.al who have already proven themselves.

I'm all down for a great new product, I am. I'm eagerly awaiting CES/Steed Speed's results to compare against Payam and ACF (along with Tony's GC's). But this millennial mindset of superiority without any proof has bitten this market segment (n54 aftermarket) time and time again. What I do know is that there are pictures of a development kit, and a lackluster dyno showing full spool at 3800rpm and peaking at 634hp. That's hardly putting "twins dicks in the dirt".

This may be the new hotness... It really might. But right now there is nothing to go on except the facts portrayed and someone running their mouth with nothing to back it up.

That's what "oh lord" means.
My comment wasn't to your oh lord, it was to Tony. Oh lord.

• Funny
Reactions: veer90 and AK135i

Jonvigil82

Lurker
Oct 28, 2017
Ride
Fd rx7
Those power levels were barely reaching efficiency of the turbo so be prepared to see big numbers. I might add, I have been in this market for years. You’ve probably just never heard of me. If your car is stock turbo and has a set of downpipes you’re welcome as I had a hand in development of the original AR Design products and was lead fabricator there for years.

Now when you say I have nothing to back it up, please take a second to go check out my instagram. There’s plenty of pics showing what we do. My personal ig is @Jonvigil82 and business is @viengineereed.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Those power levels were barely reaching efficiency of the turbo so be prepared to see big numbers. I might add, I have been in this market for years. You’ve probably just never heard of me. If your car is stock turbo and has a set of downpipes you’re welcome as I had a hand in development of the original AR Design products and was lead fabricator there for years.

Now when you say I have nothing to back it up, please take a second to go check out my instagram. There’s plenty of pics showing what we do. My personal ig is @Jonvigil82 and business is @viengineereed.

Lots of top notch fab work on the @Jonvigil82 account but the @VIEngineereed account isn't working at all. Neither is @VIEngineered....

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I had a hand in development of the original AR Design products and was lead fabricator there for years.[/USER] and business is @viengineereed.

Did you work with a guy named Justin I think it was? He went off and formed "BB Fabrication". He made me a set of 3" downpipes and 3" midpipes (That ended up not fitting and needed fixed). But they were and as far as I know, still are the only set of downpipes that really didn't taper at all.