VI Engineered Top Mount Single Turbo Kit

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
Maybe it is but with as quick as vendors come and go, why not come to the table with a kit that’s well built and makes great power? It’ll put twin cars’ dick’s in the dirt with proper supporting mods.
And since the gauntlet was thrown, I think this was the last dyno that Tony posted of his twins. There were no qualifications given, just that you'd beat a twin car.

screen-175.jpeg

And I dug this up too.

attachment.jpg

And no, I don't run Tony's turbos. And yes, I'll be going to a single setup this winter. But a gauntlet thrown is a gauntlet thrown and it makes for interesting drama.....so I'm fanning the flames a bit :sunglasses:. (edit to add: and competition is good for the consumer)

Reactions: The Convert

Jonvigil82

Lurker
Oct 28, 2017
Ride
Fd rx7
Haha we have a few set ups going on to some built cars soon here. I can’t wait to get the numbers. I’ve been playing with the idea of picking up a 6speed car. I may be selling my ls powered fd rx7.

• Dumb
Reactions: The Convert

terryd5150

Corporal
Mar 4, 2017
Ride
2008 E92 335i 2009 E90 335i
Haha we have a few set ups going on to some built cars soon here. I can’t wait to get the numbers. I’ve been playing with the idea of picking up a 6speed car. I may be selling my ls powered fd rx7.

I've got an N54 6MT LCI sedan I'll sell you. Lol.

I look forward to seeing what you can offer the platform.

Aaron

Lieutenant
Nov 3, 2016
Colorado
Ride
Silver 2013 335is 6MT
That air filter worries me. I'd love to see particulate and airflow test results for it, assuming of course it's going on a street car.

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
Yeah, that air filter is fine for a track car. I actually trying to get a set made for my EFR setup right now.

But for a street car, you are better off with something that actually filters air a bit better. If you don't have the space for a direct mount filter, you can just run a 90 degree coupler and run a filter on top of the radiator shroud or route it to the driver side instead, which is what I am doing. If your space is tight even for a 90 degree coupler, you can use a snake head coupler like this.

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=86452&prodname=Cobra+Head+Silicone+Hose+Coupler+3"

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
I read somewhere that they did a bunch of testing on that filter material to get it just right. Maybe on the Nelson racing wheel page. (Can’t remember)

Would a normal stubby filter fit in that location?

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
I read somewhere that they did a bunch of testing on that filter material to get it just right. Maybe on the Nelson racing wheel page. (Can’t remember)

Would a normal stubby filter fit in that location?

A thin foam with that sort of porosity would flow fine. The problem is that it wont filter that well. But as I said, it is fine for a weekend on a clean track. But not good for a daily driver with all the dust, dirt, and sand you can suck up from the street.

boostE92d

Corporal
Jan 9, 2018
Houston TX
Ride
12 335is
I love my n54 but you should not sell an fd rx7 to get one.

chrisdfv

Corporal
Aug 29, 2017
Ride
E90 335i
Last edited:
Reactions: NASTEEE90
Nov 5, 2016
Bay Area
And since the gauntlet was thrown, I think this was the last dyno that Tony posted of his twins. There were no qualifications given, just that you'd beat a twin car.

And I dug this up too.

attachment.jpg

And no, I don't run Tony's turbos. And yes, I'll be going to a single setup this winter. But a gauntlet thrown is a gauntlet thrown and it makes for interesting drama.....so I'm fanning the flames a bit :sunglasses:. (edit to add: and competition is good for the consumer)
LOL, literally had no idea this dude was talking out of his ass. John, I have $5000 that says you cannot produce a better graph than this with your kit, and yes that year old 173MPH pass, let me know when put its dick in the dirt... Youbetter hurry up though. Race season is coming in CA, and it will be surpassed by a wide margin...

847_726 3K grab_watermark.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Payam@BMS

JuniorB

Sergeant
May 9, 2017
Rhode Island
Ride
07 e60
This is just another quality made product, not just another top mount. I wouldn't call it over saturated, as it seems each one has its good quality, and it's week. I've read on numerous treads on single made manifolds, and see there is sustainable workman ship on these, the only think that I would like to know but not mentioned is, isn't the wastgates suppose to be evenly displaced and not a 90 degree? I'm not hear to start a war, but it's knowledge.Thank you.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
@chrisdfv how’d the install go? Any problems? And how’s the car feel with this kit on it? Did you end up needing anything that wasn’t included in the kit? Looks great by the way!