Trans mounts

Seaneezy

Corporal
Mar 12, 2018
Ride
e90 LCI 335i
Dropping my trans in a few days for a rebuild, thought I might as well replace the trans mounts while I'm there as I want to keep movement near the trans minimal.

What are the best street mounts on the market? Apparently ECS mounts have a tendency to break prematurely, I would like to have a durable set that won't destroy my ride quality.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
had them for roughly 30k now. Maybe 40k. I'd have to check my build thread to see when I actually installed them.

Shifts are more direct than with stock and you'll do less gear hunting especially when cornering.

As for NVH, I'm super sensitive to that, and its barely noticeable.
Can feel the transmission through the shifter more now, slightly more buzz sent to the diff since its better isolated from the chassis. Can't tell at all unless windows are rolled up and music is off, aka good luck telling a difference.

Reactions: Seaneezy

Seaneezy

Corporal
Mar 12, 2018
Ride
e90 LCI 335i
had them for roughly 30k now. Maybe 40k. I'd have to check my build thread to see when I actually installed them.

Shifts are more direct than with stock and you'll do less gear hunting especially when cornering.

As for NVH, I'm super sensitive to that, and its barely noticeable.
Can feel the transmission through the shifter more now, slightly more buzz sent to the diff since its better isolated from the chassis. Can't tell at all unless windows are rolled up and music is off, aka good luck telling a difference.
Just ordered them. I've used RE bushings for an old e36 back in the day and they worked perfectly so I don't doubt their mount performance. Thanks for the recommendation, I didn't even think of them.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I’ve had RE bushings for 8 years now and never had issues although I might refresh them soon.

Have you looked at them since install? Been thinking about uninstalling my front sway bar and checking the trans mounts, giubo, center mount, while the car is in the air.

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d

Seaneezy

Corporal
Mar 12, 2018
Ride
e90 LCI 335i
Ben Liaw's mounts at RE: http://www.rogueengineering.com/Rogue-Engineering-Transmission-Mounts_p_137.html

I chose to add AKG cups for insurance. Should have no effect on NVH: https://www.akgmotorsport.com/product/transmission-mount-cups-e30-e36-e46-z3-z4-e82-e90-e92-e93/

This post on my build thread goes in to details you may wish to consider when doing the install: https://bmw.spoolstreet.com/threads/e89-z4-atacama-yellow-build.3022/page-6#post-40065

Filippo

I bought the AKG cups, $40 is nothing when I'm saving $1000 on labor.

I see you bought the Revshift motor mounts, let me know how those go, I am interested :innocent:

Revshift

Lurker
Apr 25, 2018
Ride
Lots of bimmers
Revshift trans mounts are the best, obviously. They go hand in hand with the Revshift motor mounts.

PTM-BT Cutaway.jpg
PTM-BT-80.jpg

Reactions: doublespaces

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
Revshift trans mounts are the best, obviously. They go hand in hand with the Revshift motor mounts.
Well, maybe tongue and cheek. Rogue Engineering neoprene rubber trans mounts are fantastic. He does good work.

Filippo