To ARP or not to ARP

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
Ghassen offers 12 mm 625+ custom age studs.

268766401_6640939149280633_9220302932418-1.jpg

9 vs. 12 = 28.5714% difference in size.

Ignore the broken block: "Factory N54 block limit is finally found. CSS block but with factory sleeves, so I should say the factory sleeves limit is found, Darton sleeves are next...it held the head on even after the sleeve failure. 50+ psi of boost with a Garret G42-1450, CNC ported head, estimating over 1200hp at the crank when it let go."

Last edited:

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
One of you should buy me some he blocked me on Instagram. What time certs are being used anyone know? How much better than the 11mm 625+ billiam is using

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Just a plane ticket away !
Ride
E93
Ghassen offers 12 mm 625+ custom age studs.

View attachment 63246

9 vs. 12 = 28.5714% difference in size.

Ignore the broken block: "Factory N54 block limit is finally found. CSS block but with factory sleeves, so I should say the factory sleeves limit is found, Darton sleeves are next...it held the head on even after the sleeve failure. 50+ psi of boost with a Garret G42-1450, CNC ported head, estimating over 1200hp at the crank when it let go."
Strong pistons.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
i bought it a few weeks ago. It was released in 2019. The contact surface for the friction discs is massively bigger.
All crank hub fix sellers and advocates are silent on this as they want to sell you the pinned, 1-piece whatever stuff.
Get some Loctite 468 extra for the contact surface of the parts to the shaft itself and you add extra strength.
I always love reading fmorelli threads because I always learn something new. Do you have a link to this or is this standard when ordering a crank hub from supplier now? I spun a hub in one of my stock spares and in the rebuild I might consider this if it's cheaper than the Willingham 2 pin single piece hub.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I always love reading fmorelli threads because I always learn something new. Do you have a link to this or is this standard when ordering a crank hub from supplier now? I spun a hub in one of my stock spares and in the rebuild I might consider this if it's cheaper than the Willingham 2 pin single piece hub.
Let me know if you need a 1 peice hub im a dealer for insanecrankhub.com

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
If you want your 700hp+, engine timing and valve straightness banked on friction go for it

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
What was changed ?
i posted a video here:
If you want your 700hp+, engine timing and valve straightness banked on friction go for it
let me guess..You have no proof, no comparison of old vs. new design, not testing but it is still facts in your opinion.. :)
Needs to be the truth.

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
i posted a video here:

let me guess..You have no proof, no comparison of old vs. new design, not testing but it is still facts in your opinion.. :)
Needs to be the truth.
All I know is the old design failed pretty epically for me so I wasn't gonna give bmws new design a shot. Upgraded it and haven't worried about it since. Me personally I don't wanna depend on keeping my built motor I invested alot of money in Held together by a friction disk and the torque of the crankhub bolt

• Agree
Reactions: Torgus

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
All I know is the old design failed pretty epically for me so I wasn't gonna give bmws new design a shot. Upgraded it and haven't worried about it since. Me personally I don't wanna depend on keeping my built motor I invested alot of money in Held together by a friction disk and the torque of the crankhub bolt

It really didn´t fail "epically". Just another seller wording to spread unproven opinions to sell a part to ppl who most likely won´t need it.
My car has made a little over 600 lbs at 4k rpm on the old design and no issues whatsoever. Long story short you have no information about the new design but just want to spread false information to sell something. :)

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
It really didn´t fail "epically". Just another seller wording to spread unproven opinions to sell a part to ppl who most likely won´t need it.
My car has made a little over 600 lbs at 4k rpm on the old design and no issues whatsoever. Long story short you have no information about the new design but just want to spread false information to sell something. :)
Lol listen here bud I don't give a rats ass about the new design. Maybe you didn't listen to my post. I'm not gonna let my motor i have 5 k invested in spin the hub because the friction disks can't do their job. I'll show you whatvmy old friction disks did since your in such a deep love with them. I'm not trying to sell anything simply giving people an option if they wanna go to a bullet proof solution and not a joke like friction disks. Don't even bring jt up again nobody gives a fuck about them

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
Lol listen here bud I don't give a rats ass about the new design. Maybe you didn't listen to my post. I'm not gonna let my motor i have 5 k invested in spin the hub because the friction disks can't do their job. I'll show you whatvmy old friction disks did since your in such a deep love with them. I'm not trying to sell anything simply giving people an option if they wanna go to a bullet proof solution and not a joke like friction disks. Don't even bring jt up again nobody gives a fuck about them

Somebody getting angry not having any real word information behind his babbling :D

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
Curious as to how and why people spin hubs. There are reports of this happening to people with stock turbos. Others have 750whp with no issues on stock hub. So it is not all just power related. Mileage perhaps ?
Curious as to what percentage fail on modded N54s . Regardless of whp.
Shit factory design IMO.

Reactions: wheela

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Curious as to how and why people spin hubs. There are reports of this happening to people with stock turbos. Others have 750whp with no issues on stock hub. So it is not all just power related. Mileage perhaps ?
Curious as to what percentage fail on modded N54s . Regardless of whp.
Shit factory design IMO.
It seems free reving the engine against the inertia of the valve train would be challenging due to how quickly the valve train would rotationally accelerate. Other than that, higher power = higher cylinder pressure = more force needed to open exhaust valves against higher cylinder pressure = more torque to turn the cams. Not sure what would be harder for that joint to withstand🤷‍♂️? Or some other loading I'm not thinking of? Maybe improperly torqued from the factory?

SlowE93

Major
Jul 2, 2017
Ride
E93
It seems free reving the engine against the inertia of the valve train would be challenging due to how quickly the valve train would rotationally accelerate. Other than that, higher power = higher cylinder pressure = more force needed to open exhaust valves against higher cylinder pressure = more torque to turn the cams. Not sure what would be harder for that joint to withstand🤷‍♂️? Or some other loading I'm not thinking of? Maybe improperly torqued from the factory?
On a MT car a money shift can cause it from what I have read. But if you do that, you already have problems regardless 🤣

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Also, the fact that BMW redesiged a more robust version speaks to the reliability of the original design... If they acknowledged the original needs improvement, and went to the trouble of redesigning it, I can pretty much guarantee they did appropriate testing to establish a significant improvement or it wouldn't have been worth their time.

Reactions: SlowE93