Tig welding 4047 on block

shushikiary

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2018
Ride
335xi
Since Polis has been in office they made a red flag law, they banned all magazines over 10 rounds, they made a law that you are required to store firearms in a locked safe if there are people in your home who can't own a firearm or minors, he said we will be trying to fallow California emissions (you must now have a CARB stamped cat in your car if you replace your cat), they have tried to get around TABOR law 3 times now. He's basically trying to turn is into California, it's infuriating.

wheela

Lieutenant
Jun 4, 2021
Twin Cities, MN
Ride
2015 e84 X1 35i Msport
Since Polis has been in office they made a red flag law, they banned all magazines over 10 rounds, they made a law that you are required to store firearms in a locked safe if there are people in your home who can't own a firearm or minors, he said we will be trying to fallow California emissions (you must now have a CARB stamped cat in your car if you replace your cat), they have tried to get around TABOR law 3 times now. He's basically trying to turn is into California, it's infuriating.
So discouraging to see this spreading to other states...

Reactions: shushikiary

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
@RuskiRacer was that customers cracked block also a Ghassen build?
No it wasn't. I believe whoever ns300l the corners wasn't very careful and created alot of stress in that area. Because thats where it cracked through the oil drain back and into the cooling jacket

• Sad
Reactions: wheela

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
No it wasn't. I believe whoever ns300l the corners wasn't very careful and created alot of stress in that area. Because thats where it cracked through the oil drain back and into the cooling jacket

Oh I thought we were talking about @shushikiary block.

Well that is damn annoying regardless. I always thought it would be hard to fuck up a ns300l install as it is basically like a helicoil but much more robust. Drill, tap, insert.

Reactions: RuskiRacer

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
Oh I thought we were talking about @shushikiary block.

Well that is damn annoying regardless. I always thought it would be hard to fuck up a ns300l install as it is basically like a helicoil but much more robust. Drill, tap, insert.
Who knows if it was just some rookie drilling to hard and fast and put to much stress Into the block or if the block was weak in that area since the get go. Annoying regardless like you said

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
I have 30.....we are only allowed 10 🙄

MA only allows 10. But you can get preban mags or just buy larger mags online or out of state. No one cares unless some dickhead RSO. Now full auto they really don't like at ranges. But I go to a range where I am usually alone.

Reactions: SlowE93

fmorelli

Lieutenant General
Staff member
Aug 11, 2017
Virginia
Ride
E89 Z4 35i, F10 535d
It's no surprise. I'm old ... back when I was looking to go to U Col Boulder for grad school, it was nicknamed, University of California at Boulder. 40 years of California migrating to the front range screwed that state. I lived there for a while. Thought I'd retire there as I know most of the state well. That idea got blown up about a decade ago.

shushikiary

Sergeant
Jun 4, 2018
Ride
335xi
Yea I'm a native and I also went to CU... it's true what they say about Boulder.

I just want my state back... ya know the one that is known for founding the libertarian party.