Throttle response increase

JBacon335

Corporal
Nov 7, 2016
Toms River, NJ
Ride
07 335i Sedan, 1988 Mustang GT
every once in a while I get a harsh 1-2 shift when at very very light throttle. It happens so infrequently though that I really don't feel the need to change anything

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
If you're just thinking base PV correction, maybe a % entry or slider, with 100% being stock table values. I think MT/AT can get away with significant/full reduction, but could be a dislike for standing start on DCT if values are fixed low/zero, especially on stock torque request tables or higher. Some might like it, but having some movement to dial in would be best.

• Informative
Reactions: Asbjorn

General.Massacre

Corporal
May 14, 2018
Ride
2009 E92 335i DCT
Agree with RSL.
For DCT, the consensus seems that 90% of the stock value is a good place for the DCT, and i can personally say that that feels good.

I agree and think a slider could be the best, gives users an easier method of testing what they would like. everyone has a different feel to how they want the car to respond.

• Informative
Reactions: Asbjorn

JohnDaviz

Lieutenant
Jan 6, 2019
Ride
335i E92 DCT
I think @carabuser went way further on this than i did.

I think with stock torque request tables or the general linear throttle map the values should not be reduced heavy.

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
I took a load of the correction out and it's been fine, could probably go to zero but I stopped playing with the tables.

throttle.JPG

Reactions: JohnDaviz

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Also, was the torque monitoring error on I8A0S resolved? Or does anyone know what the actual error code was so I can look into it?

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
I had Ken put some values into my custom map for my DCT using

1586271887132.png

I felt like it was a mixed bag. Sometimes the 'starting from a stop' was wild and uncontrollable and other times it felt great. I would say pedal feel was vastly improved once moving.

Due to the lack of being able to tweak these value easily (as they were baked into map) I wasn't able to really dial this in. Not the happiest with these settings but unsure if that is just me and placebo or something else is wrong with car? Hard to be objective with this as it was daily driving situations...

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
Also, was the torque monitoring error on I8A0S resolved? Or does anyone know what the actual error code was so I can look into it?
Torque monitor max diff needs to be raised or can trip the hard limiter and set code. It would mostly/only be an issue in higher gears and depends how request is set up, how much pedal is actually used, how long, etc.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
Torque monitor max diff needs to be raised or can trip the hard limiter and set code. It would mostly/only be an issue in higher gears and depends how request is set up, how much pedal is actually used, how long, etc.

Got it, thank you. Easy enough, I will make sure that table is maxed if it isn't already when applying these settings.

Reactions: RSL

RSL

Lieutenant
Aug 11, 2017
I felt like it was a mixed bag. Sometimes the 'starting from a stop' was wild and uncontrollable and other times it felt great. I would say pedal feel was vastly improved once moving.
The only real questionable spots for DCT are standing stop and maybe 2nd gear low speed/RPM. Stock bins suck for initial DCT response as it is (delay/slow reaction). I defined a lot of tables and can effect it now, but it's early stage of testing everything.

Reactions: derekgates

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
The only real questionable spots for DCT are standing stop and maybe 2nd gear low speed/RPM. Stock bins suck for initial DCT response as it is (delay/slow reaction). I defined a lot of tables and can effect it now, but it's early stage of testing everything.

I 100% agree! I look forward to those results!

The main reason I hated the DCT in my car were these hesitations. Obnoxious to have so much power and prowess but be delayed by 'the fastest transmission' to make up it's mind if it wanted to react or not. :p

carabuser

Lieutenant
Oct 2, 2019
UK
Ride
Z4 35i & 335i
Without changing your torque request maps?

My torque request is linear.

I flashed to the 35is ROM which is a big improvement in general normal mode driving but still has that classic dim-witted behaviour when approaching a junction and the clutch packs disengage.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
If I wanted a one-size-fits-all approach here: 0 out the MT and AT tables, and apply a 0.9* factor to the stock DCT vals?

Reactions: JBacon335

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I would take the values from my post or the screenshot in post #70

The user in post #70 said taking off from a stop was a mixed bag though, so am hesitant to use.

I'd start with 0.5* and work down from there.

Can't really "work down", as it will be one setting for the masses. If people want something tailored to their car / personal pref, will need to go custom.