Tax refund plans!?

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
Anyone here devoting some of their tax refund to their cars?

I have thought about the following:
Downpipes + Install (not doing it I have an xi )
Wrap + Rims

Let me know what you guys are planning!

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Ive had my eye on the ad-e 8.8 kit since it was released, if not that i have a few rifles I've been wanting to buy.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Ive had my eye on the ad-e 8.8 kit since it was released, if not that i have a few rifles I've been wanting to buy.

I think the best part about the 8.8 is that you don't have to worry about the bolted diff stuff anymore. The pumpkin is replaced and none of that matters anymore, plus you get a range of ratios to choose from, the thing is ridiculously strong at the same time. Something like a transmission, I'm a bit more sensitive about remaining stock-like for driveability reasons. But axles, rear diff, driveline etc doesn't really matter what brand IMO.

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I think the best part about the 8.8 is that you don't have to worry about the bolted diff stuff anymore. The pumpkin is replaced and none of that matters anymore, plus you get a range of ratios to choose from, the thing is ridiculously strong at the same time. Something like a transmission, I'm a bit more sensitive about remaining stock-like for driveability reasons. But axles, rear diff, driveline etc doesn't really matter what brand IMO.
I already have a big bolted diff in the rear with and mfactory helical lsd and mfactory sport axles, but i plan on drag racing a lot and putting a 4l80e in when i get the funds, so the 8.8 will be needed anyways. Once i sell my rear and axles, the 8.8 swap ends up being a lot less than 3k

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
Xi so no 8.8 for me. I want some arc 8s and summer tires, but as of yet idek if I'm going to put the tune back on my car until winter's over. I have the cash for a 7" hd core if I don't win the raffle, that's my January plans.

Cheezy

Lieutenant
Nov 7, 2016
Toledo Ohio
I'm starting to lean more towards new rims and summer tires to be honest. Thought about the wrap a lot but... meh maybe once the paint fades more as I really do like my paint (Platinum Bronze metallic)
That colors dope, I have Alpine White and I want to wrap the roof gloss black because that's the typical thing to do. I just wanted lighter wheels for the 1/4 but whatever weight I save in wheels I'm going to add in tires

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I'm starting to lean more towards new rims and summer tires to be honest. Thought about the wrap a lot but... meh maybe once the paint fades more as I really do like my paint (Platinum Bronze metallic)
What wheels and tires are you planning on putting on? Any pics of the car?

Nov 14, 2016
North Wilkesboro
IMG_20161223_131708_zpsddadfwlv.jpg

Day before Christmas Eve.. Was Detailing :)

Reactions: Sshec152

Turby

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Kcmo
20160908_162345.jpg
Here's an older pic since winter mode isn't picture worthy, even though I just sold these wheels to go a more functional route.