Syvecs releases Standalone N54 PnP Kit

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
Why's everyone comparing jb4 and mhd to syvecs. These 2 are completely different from the syvecs one is a piggyback still uses stock dme, other is a flash that still uses stock dme, the syvecs completely removes the stock dme and is self sustaining. Like mentioned before this isn't for everyone

terryd5150

Corporal
Mar 4, 2017
Ride
2008 E92 335i 2009 E90 335i
Lol. How is batch fire "dangerous" ?!

It's not ideal, but in no way dangerous. Every carburetor and TBI car is technically "batch fire" every sequential injection car running 80+% DC is pretty much batch fire too... none are "dangerous"

With respect, Andy, blindly firing injectors that aren't in any way controlled by the DME in a misfire condition is absolutely dangerous.

There's plenty of blown motor threads across these forums from both PI and/or meth being injected without absolute control.

I understand you would defend this, as you sell this type of product; however, I stand by my (unbiased) statement.

• Agree
Reactions: The Convert

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
With respect, Andy, blindly firing injectors that aren't in any way controlled by the DME in a misfire condition is absolutely dangerous.

There's plenty of blown motor threads across these forums from both PI and/or meth being injected without absolute control.

I understand you would defend this, as you sell this type of product; however, I stand by my (unbiased) statement.

You realize on any PI car with higher IDC% / rpm, that fuel has to pool at the valve and be there before it opens. The higher the RPM, the more likely that there is even more fuel there waiting (due to fuel requirements, and a small injection window). If there is a misfire on the previous combustion in that cylinder, all that fuel that's waiting is still getting in. So the shut off the injector (too late)...and...ignition. Problem solved

Literally hundreds of PI N54 should have blown up (almost every one) if the DME did not cut spark too for a misfire.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
You realize on any PI car with higher IDC% / rpm, that fuel has to pool at the valve and be there before it opens. The higher the RPM, the more likely that there is even more fuel there waiting (due to fuel requirements, and a small injection window). If there is a misfire on the previous combustion in that cylinder, all that fuel that's waiting is still getting in. So the shut off the injector (too late)...and...ignition. Problem solved

Literally hundreds of PI N54 should have blown up (almost every one) if the DME did not cut spark too for a misfire.

I don't think that solves the problem. That might mitigate the issue, but it doesn't resolve anything. You still have the capability of experiencing a pre-ignition event without spark. And if you are super lean, and pre-ignite (even with ignition off) you're going to melt a ring land (at best).

Without full control of the fuel and the ignition; turning off events (injection or ignition) is a problem waiting to happen.

Jake@MHD

Major
Platinum Vendor
Nov 7, 2016
Philly
I don't think that solves the problem. That might mitigate the issue, but it doesn't resolve anything. You still have the capability of experiencing a pre-ignition event without spark. And if you are super lean, and pre-ignite (even with ignition off) you're going to melt a ring land (at best).

Without full control of the fuel and the ignition; turning off events (injection or ignition) is a problem waiting to happen.

If PI only cars don't pre-ignite in the situation I described above, we certainly aren't going to (without the fuel from DI, our PI amount will be too lean to even have a chance to pre-ignite)

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
If PI only cars don't pre-ignite in the situation I described above, we certainly aren't going to (without the fuel from DI, our PI amount will be too lean to even have a chance to pre-ignite)

You are basing your conclusion on (self admitted) unknowns. We have no clue how much fuel pooled on that valve, nor how much is going in on the intake stroke.

Are you willing to bet your (and your customers) engine's on unknown variables that have proven to melt engines in the past?

I ask because you aren't directly tied to PI systems like Fuel-IT or other vendors are. There are other vendors that certainly will bet their customer's engines on unknown variables.

I have a feeling one of the reasons Tony has been so successful with his car is his double barrel system letting the DME continue doing everything it does well at higher power levels.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
You can prove it was PI that caused engine failure? Because I'm pretty sure no one has been able to PROVE this to date.

You (and I) know that you won't be able to prove that with the current tools even if someone was logging at time of failure. You can infer it pretty well, but because events are going on outside the DME's purview you'll never be able to prove it (definitively).

• Agree
Reactions: aus335iguy

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
I wonder if a Syvecs tune can revamp the OEM open diff software to be as effective as it is in the P1

The Banshee

Corporal
Nov 18, 2017
Lehigh Valley PA
Ride
2008 335xi coupe 6466 MT
Has anyone made any recent progress using Syvecs? Some killer fly-by and dyno videos were posted a few months ago but I am interested in feedback on how this thing is working with some miles on it.

The NLS on that Syvecs car in the video was amazing. Does anyone know if this will work on an X-drive?

cloud9blue

Sergeant
Oct 17, 2017
Ride
09 E92 335i
I wonder if a Syvecs tune can revamp the OEM open diff software to be as effective as it is in the P1
Syvecs is an ECU, I don't think it controls the ABS module. And even if it does, do you really want to? The floating caliper stock brake with those cheap one piece rotor is not built for that sort of abuse.

R.G.

Lieutenant
Nov 17, 2016
Henderson, NV
Ride
E92 335, F10 M5
Syvecs is an ECU, I don't think it controls the ABS module. And even if it does, do you really want to? The floating caliper stock brake with those cheap one piece rotor is not built for that sort of abuse.

Syvecs being a plug and play replacement for the DME it should absolutely influence / be influenced by the DSC, wheel speed sensors, rotation rate sensors etc. Stock hardware is a different discussion.

LoBoost

Sergeant
Dec 22, 2017
Ride
2008 135i, 2014 GTR
Anyone know if Syvecs would pass an OBD2 check for emissions testing?

• Informative
Reactions: R.G.