Syvecs releases Standalone N54 PnP Kit

Abacus38

Lieutenant
Nov 2, 2016
Tampa/Orlando, FL
Ride
2007 Ti Ag 335i
Adjustable traction control strategies based on lateral g, steering angle and/or individual wheel speed monitoring.
• 4 programmable and selectable target slip maps. An immediate torque reduction can be applied by the ECU via ignition retard or a fuel cut.

dyezak

Major
May 4, 2017
Plano TX
Ride
335is
I'm kind of surprised at the response to the Syvecs release. I think a lot of the marketing hype for existing products have confused people. I was waiting for some of the pro tuners to explain why Syvecs exists, what the benefits are, who should be thinking about it, etc. Not seeing that happen, so I'm going to start a new thread outside this product announcement to push the value proposition discussion.

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
I'm kind of surprised at the response to the Syvecs release. I think a lot of the marketing hype for existing products have confused people. I was waiting for some of the pro tuners to explain why Syvecs exists, what the benefits are, who should be thinking about it, etc. Not seeing that happen, so I'm going to start a new thread outside this product announcement to push the value proposition discussion.
It's a pnp standalone what's not to love haha, with this the timing possibility could be endless, we no longer after to worry about software issues just parts not keeping up

Reactions: sirdaft1 and TWilly

terryd5150

Corporal
Mar 4, 2017
Ride
2008 E92 335i 2009 E90 335i
I wonder how long it will take BMS to reverse engineer the PI control and incorporate it into the JB4.

Not too long, I hope.

• Dislike
Reactions: The Convert

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I wonder how long it will take BMS to reverse engineer the PI control and incorporate it into the JB4.

Not too long, I hope.

Perhaps I'm not following, but what do you propose they do with that? Don't they already have their PI stuff?

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Perhaps I'm not following, but what do you propose they do with that? Don't they already have their PI stuff?
I think he's talking about sequential injector control and the ability to shut of injectors when the dme does. But I think if it could have been done, it would have been done already. I think I remember seeing something about the jb4 not being able to process fast enough.

terryd5150

Corporal
Mar 4, 2017
Ride
2008 E92 335i 2009 E90 335i
I think he's talking about sequential injector control and the ability to shut of injectors when the dme does. But I think if it could have been done, it would have been done already. I think I remember seeing something about the jb4 not being able to process fast enough.

This.

It may be a processing speed issue, or it could be a method issue - BMS needs to examine the Syvecs and make that determination.

Batch firing the PI injectors is dangerous, no matter how you care to frame it.

LamboLover

Corporal
Apr 6, 2017
Ride
Everything
I would want to turn off the port injector before the direct injector is turned off. It is difficult to see how this could be done without the same ECU controlling both as Syvecs or special code in the DME to give advanced warning that the direct injection is not coming, which is not trivial.

Reactions: Jake@MHD

The Convert

Captain
Jun 4, 2017
Ride
This.

It may be a processing speed issue, or it could be a method issue - BMS needs to examine the Syvecs and make that determination.

And this is why I believe the syvecs will be way more popular on this platform than jb4 and mhd over time.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i

Ah well not sure about jb4 but...;)

AD-ENG

Corporal
Oct 22, 2016
This.

Lol. How is batch fire "dangerous" ?!

It's not ideal, but in no way dangerous. Every carburetor and TBI car is technically "batch fire" every sequential injection car running 80+% DC is pretty much batch fire too... none are "dangerous"