Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I know many forum users, myself included, have become tired of watching vendor threads getting derailed by other vendors. So today I will present to you the solution we've been working on for the last several days which should be rolling out soon. It intertwines with the permission and moderation system, so it is a little bit more complex than we originally anticipated, but it is slowly coming together. Here is what happens:

1) Vendor B posts on Vendor A's thread, and remains invisible to the public.
2) Vendor A gets a moderation notification.
3) Vendor A may approve, delete or ignore the comment.

SpoolStreetVendorModeration.png

We can set these protections for any group. In this scenario, Vendors are protected from other Vendors. We can protect even a regular user from vendors, or any group from any other group, even if we have to stick a single person in it.

Now, some vendors may think that this may be a pain in the ass if they have other employees on the site registered as vendors which may want to reply to their own threads. However, we have a set of exemptions which allow us to avoid this using some bypass criteria.

We have extended this to even the restriction of negative post ratings, which protects a member from any group of members like a vendor who is determined to negatively impact their reputation. Personally, if its not a positive rating, vendors shouldn't be issuing ratings anyway and can walk the high road.

What do you think?

Pepper135i

Lurker
Nov 8, 2016
San Jose
Killing it !! The mods really go above and beyond to help out and make a better experience for all of us!
I know many forum users, myself included, have become tired of watching vendor threads getting derailed by other vendors. So today I will present to you the solution we've been working on for the last several days which should be rolling out soon. It intertwines with the permission and moderation system, so it is a little bit more complex than we originally anticipated, but it is slowly coming together. Here is what happens:

1) Vendor B posts on Vendor A's thread, and remains invisible to the public.
2) Vendor A gets a moderation notification.
3) Vendor A may approve, delete or ignore the comment.

View attachment 402

We can set these protections for any group. In this scenario, Vendors are protected from other Vendors. We can protect even a regular user from vendors, or any group from any other group, even if we have to stick a single person in it.

Now, some vendors may think that this may be a pain in the ass if they have other employees on the site registered as vendors which may want to reply to their own threads. However, we have a set of exemptions which allow us to avoid this using some bypass criteria.

We have extended this to even the restriction of negative post ratings, which protects a member from any group of members like a vendor who is determined to negatively impact their reputation. Personally, if its not a positive rating, vendors shouldn't be issuing ratings anyway.

What do you think?

Danksies

Corporal
Nov 2, 2016
NoVA
always striving to improve, nice work man. this is a great idea. hopefully the vendors will allow even constructive critique of their merchandise to an extent in hopes that it might further creativity and dialogue

Reactions: doublespaces