Spool Helix - High Pressure Fuel Line Incorrect Composition?

mj6234

Corporal
Nov 25, 2020
All, I purchased a Helix a while ago. It was pointed out to me that the HPFP->Fuel Rail hose is hydraulic hose and not rated for gasoline. This is what was supplied to me - Hansa Flex HD 206. From looking at the materials sheet, it doesnt have gasoline explicitly listed. From a simple google search, it doesn't appear that hydraulic hose is rated for gasoline. Does anyone have any opinion on this?

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
Been running my helix for years now and I'm 90% sure we have the same Hansa hoses.

No issues with leaking from gasoline or ethanol (ran ethanol for easy 10k+ miles), but the rubber is starting to crack around the bend from the oil filter housing.

The inner tube being made from a synthetic rubber does kinda worry me though, as ethanol loves to eat rubber...

zomski101

Private
Dec 28, 2019
Ride
335i
After putting on 90k+ miles in the past 2+ years I've owned the helix product, one very cold morning (around 0 degrees F) I was surprised by a strong fuel smell. Popped the hood to see multiple pinhole leaks coming from the hose. Contacted spool and they overnighted me a new line.
One week prior to this the o ring for the in-line fuel filter also completely failed causing fuel to spray out like a sprinkler. It was a really cold winter in Chicago.

KClemente

Sergeant
Nov 26, 2019
Ride
E90 335i
I emailed PFS seeing if i can buy their upgraded rail with line but no response. @martymil do you know of any M14x1.5 to 6an fittings that’ll fit in such a tight angle for the stock rail?

The biggest hurdle will be that initial 90°.

I might have to email Spool and see if I can get a new line to buy me some time for now while I look for alternatives