Single turbo requirements

Saultostado

Lurker
Nov 23, 2016
Georgia
Alright so I did some searching but couldn't find much info. I'm having wg rattle and smoke so I'm going to be choosing a single turbo setup. Do I need a PI or upgraded hpfp/lpfp? Only going for ~550hp.

I have an '07 335i with the following mods:
BMS DP
BMS DCI
Magnaflow exhaust
Jb4
ER Chargepipe w/Tial BOV
VRSF 7.5" FMIC (ordering soon)

Thanks!

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
For 550whp a Stage1 low pressure upgrade is probably good enough. What is the intended fuel?

Terry@BMS

Sergeant
Platinum Vendor
Jan 23, 2017
You'll be fine then. Without E85 the fueling requirements are a lot simpler. May want to consider meth injection down the road.

Twisted Tuning

Lieutenant
Platinum Vendor
Oct 25, 2016
New York
www.twistedtuning.com
Ride
N54 and N55 Cars
If it were me, i'd just spend the extra coin on a Stage 2 LPFP. Especially if your current factory LPFP has any kind of age on it. The Stage one iirc still relies on the stock LPFP to feed it. So if the Stocker fails you'll still have to replace it anyway. May as well take it out of the equation completely.

Reactions: Tuningservice.no

Saultostado

Lurker
Nov 23, 2016
Georgia
If it were me, i'd just spend the extra coin on a Stage 2 LPFP. Especially if your current factory LPFP has any kind of age on it. The Stage one iirc still relies on the stock LPFP to feed it. So if the Stocker fails you'll still have to replace it anyway. May as well take it out of the equation completely.
I was comparing prices between stage 1 and stage 2 LPFP and seems like I'll get more bang for my buck going with stage 2. Plus, more peace of mind knowing I won't experience fueling issues.

Where in GA?
I live in Dalton, Ga. I actually stumbled upon an e85 pump in Ringgold yesterday. Only about a 15 minute drive.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'm about to order my occ.. after the single turbo I hate spending money

Don't over do it too soon. Just buy the critical stuff, if you spend too much and you feel like that, you'll end up wanting to sell like a bunch of other people.

Reactions: mkster08