doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
About to order here:

http://www.shadowlinetrim.com/purchase.html

So, black/black E93 and I've got gloss black kidneys and I've been thinking about changing them out for matte grills combined with matte trim and wheels. I'm not entirely certain I want to do that, but my main motivation is to avoid having gloss accents with matte wheels. I like matte wheels because they hide brake dust well.

Is this the best place to get this stuff and how much am I going to need?

ASquared

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Las Vegas
If you are going with matte wheels, then I'd say go with Matte shadowline trim and also swap the grills like you mentioned. Keep it all consistent and clean looking that way

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
If you are going with matte wheels, then I'd say go with Matte shadowline trim and also swap the grills like you mentioned. Keep it all consistent and clean looking that way

I bought some glossy trim. I have not decided on my wheels yet, if I do decide to go with matte wheels then luckily the trim vinyl is not expensive.

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Or hydrodip them ;)
The trim? Well I think those things are basically a huge PITA to remove, so I don't think I'll do that. The front grills are easy to find in matte so I'd probably just trade them or sell the ones I have. My interior trim however....I always thought the individual, piano black trim was awesome. Just got dirty all the time.

jdm5596

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Texas
Im getting a new carbon fiber film in that looks legit. Im gunna strip my current dipped interior parts for redip

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
How much does the hydro dip stuff cost for interior? I want piano black/brushed aluminum, but curious.

ASquared

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Las Vegas
How much does the hydro dip stuff cost for interior? I want piano black/brushed aluminum, but curious.

I was wondering the same thing. At least a general ballpark cost. I've been having a hell of a time wrapping my center piece where the gear shift is. Can't get the corners by all the cutouts to stay down. I tried last summer too and the Vegas heat just peeled it all right back up.

jdm5596

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Texas
Well first off, you dont hydrodip solid colors. For plastic you would go with painting. Hydrodipping is high definition of graphics transferring. Like carbon fiber and camo and various other graphics... im not trying to advertise on here as a business. Maybe ill talk to admin if it would be worth it for interior trim, engine covers and such...

jdm5596

Private
Nov 5, 2016
Texas
Not quoting here, but usual going rate for full interior trim is $400 depending on pattern and any extras.