Running more PI duty cycle vs DI.

Xavphom

Jan 2, 2022
Fueling mods: BMP stage 3, 15psi Hobb switch, PI activation at 16psi.

In relation to PI, has anyone increase the duty cycle and lowered the fuel scalars to have PI compensate for STFTs?

My theory is that doing this will take the load off of the HPFP allowing the HPFP to run less cycles in the long run. The only thing I can think of that would cause a major engine failure is if PI suddenly stops working and you're running the engine lean on the DI side due to scalars being reduced. But a counter to that would be MHD's spark cut.

Looking forward to your answers, thanks for reading!

Torgus

Brigadier General
Nov 6, 2016
Boston
Ride
ACF 6466 E92 + METH
It makes sense to me what you are saying...but I would argue the hpfp will fail at some point either way and or will show signs of being 'weak'. I would want a healthy hpfp from the get go.

Oh the n54 and the multiple failure points/parts that wear out.

Reactions: Xavphom

Xavphom

Jan 2, 2022
It makes sense to me what you are saying...but I would argue the hpfp will fail at some point either way and or will show signs of being 'weak'. I would want a healthy hpfp from the get go.

Oh the n54 and the multiple failure points/parts that wear out.
Yes, I've been very lucky with mine so far (knock on wood) but I've also maintained mine very regularly. I'm gonna try it out and see if maybe I can make PI work harder. Going to make some logs as well to see how it effects the lpfp on pulls.