Review for VTT Billet / Silicone N54 coolant hose kit & VTT Engine Mount Inserts

finnporter

Lurker
Jan 9, 2021
Hi there,

VTT Billet / Silicone N54 coolant hose kit:​

Car: 335i Sedan
Duration of usage thus far: 3 days for two of the hoses, 1 week for the remaining hoses

Unfortunately, I didn't have a good first impression for the VTT Billet / Silicone N54 coolant hose kit. I opted for the full kit, the adapter that fits onto the expansion tank was too small and the adapter for the lower hose that connects to the thermostat leaked on the third day after install. I needed my car for an upcoming work trip that I can't reschedule and taking an Uber isn't worth going through financial reimbursement for a two hour drive or time waiting for parts, so I pivoted towards OEM for the time being and everything is fine now.

Once I have time, I'll go through the warranty process and provide an update on the process. Disappointing since I wouldn't want that first impression for my peers for their higher tier products such as the turbos since the parts ($5k estimate in parts including the turbos, inlets, outlets, and maintenance items), downtime for DIY (assuming a New York average wage of $40/hr), and/or labor costs ($95 - $120/hr which already exceeds the avg DIY opportunity costs) needed for either is extravagant. To be fair, I'd be willing to try VTT peripheral parts around this price range such as these hoses and the engine inserts below.

VTT N54, N55, S55, N20, B58 Billet Motor Mount Inserts:​

Car: 335i Sedan
Duration of usage thus far: 1 week

On the upside, these inserts worked great. I paired them with OEM engine mounts from the 335IS. Fitment was good despite hearing others on the forums shaving a portion of their mounts. Engine response improved or at least the perception of it did. NVH is noticeable but it's nothing compared to solid aluminum motor mounts. I use to have those on my previous cars back when I was 18, thought having non-functional suspension fitment (aka hella flush), having baller race car parts, and messed up bumpers from drifting would get me the ladies (it attracts more dudes). Solid mounts will eventually crack weak interior parts and the vibrations can be heard from the outside. The NVH from these inserts are squat compared to that, I didn't even feel the need to raise the idle. I don't have first hand long term experience with polyurethane mounts, so I can't do a comparison there.

I'll provide an update here for long term usage in future, I marked it on my Google calendar 1 year from now lol.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
oh man... well that's a freaking bummer about the hoses. Thanks for the honest feedback here.

I have a set of these in box in my garage and you have me worrying now. :\

Your breakdown of pricing and thoughts on ROI are welcome, I like that touch.

MRC-5.56

Lurker
Nov 24, 2017
Ride
e92 335i
I've had the complete VTT silicone coolant hose kit installed on my e92 since last July when I replaced my leaking oem radiator for an aluminum CSF unit. The hoses have worked absolutely perfect with no leaks or anything. The metal fittings are very nice in comparison to the plastic oem hoses.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
I've had the complete VTT silicone coolant hose kit installed on my e92 since last July when I replaced my leaking oem radiator for an aluminum CSF unit. The hoses have worked absolutely perfect with no leaks or anything. The metal fittings are very nice in comparison to the plastic oem hoses.

This is reassuring... I haven't seen much in the way of reviews for these.

Got any pictures of install?

MRC-5.56

Lurker
Nov 24, 2017
Ride
e92 335i
This is reassuring... I haven't seen much in the way of reviews for these.

Got any pictures of install?
120840073_10221199775198509_3762009614833681523_o.jpg

El_Davo37

Dec 11, 2022
I’m having fitment issues with the upper vtt hose onto the csf radiator! Did you have that issue?