Not open for further replies.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
Long time coming on the ole list here, but many have expressed interest over the years for a well matched OCC setup (despite using different branded and purposed OCC's for the high and low side of the PCV system) and hopefully some interested parties are still out there! Anyway here is a bracket setup we have developed that is modular for any sort of can provisioning (as long as it can mount close to the strut bar), but currently only available for the Mishimoto and BMS OCC's (Pick one, the other, or both).

Note: Pardon the socket head cap screws, just some hardware we had laying around. Production pieces will come standard with stainless button head cap screws for a better look (for both the OCC of choices) and also the oil can support to clamshell mount interface. We may substitute this interface for a nice thumbscrew (for ease of removal) if the desire is there, or perhaps we can simply make it an upgrade for those wanting one as they can be every bit of $10 each by themselves.

Also keep in mind this setup was designed around the 335 strut bar, and we are not sure if the 1/5/m/z series has the same bar profile (or under hood mounting space) but ideally the end user can use the pictures to guide them into deciding if this would work for them or not? Lastly the OCC support brackets can be rotated upside down if you do not want the RB Logo visible, although it is fairly subtle as it is all anodized the same color.

Going to try to gauge some interest to determine the size of our initial batch, all we have on hand are the 2 in the pictures. Prices will be the same regardless of can style, cost $60 for 1 (or $100 for 2) with basic stainless hardware.

Let's make a list here, specifying which OCC bracket is desired and if basic hardware or a thumbscrew is preferred:

1. matreyia- Single: Mishimoto setup with standard hardware
  2. E92-Ghandi- Single: Mishimoto setup with standard hardware
  3. The Banshee- Single: Mishimoto setup with standard hardware
  4. hiddenhorsepowergarage- Two: 2 Mishimoto setups with standard hardware
  5. STE92- Both: Mishimoto and BMS setup with standard hardware
  6. derekgates- Both: Mishimoto and BMS setup with standard hardware
  7. FRNTHVY- Both: Mishimoto and BMS setup with standard hardware
  8. Lexxan- Single: Mishimoto setup with standard hardware
  9. add1ct- Both: Mishimoto and BMS setup with standard hardware
  10. .
Thanks,
Rob

Attachments

• RBOCCSupports.jpg
    RBOCCSupports.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 439
  • RBOCCSupports1.jpg
    RBOCCSupports1.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 349
  • RBOCCSupports2.jpg
    RBOCCSupports2.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 358
  • RBOCCSupports3.jpg
    RBOCCSupports3.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 321
  • RBOCCSupports4.jpg
    RBOCCSupports4.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Reactions: doublespaces

matreyia

Major
Apr 19, 2017
Ride
335i e93
Long time coming on the ole list here, but many have expressed interest over the years for a well matched OCC setup (despite using different branded and purposed OCC's for the high and low side of the PCV system) and hopefully some interested parties are still out there! Anyway here is a bracket setup we have developed that is modular for any sort of can provisioning (as long as it can mount close to the strut bar), but currently only available for the Mishimoto and BMS OCC's (Pick one, the other, or both).

Note: Pardon the socket head cap screws, just some hardware we had laying around. Production pieces will come standard with stainless button head cap screws for a better look (for both the OCC of choices) and also the oil can support to clamshell mount interface. We may substitute this interface for a nice thumbscrew (for ease of removal) if the desire is there, or perhaps we can simply make it an upgrade for those wanting one as they can be every bit of $10 each by themselves.

Also keep in mind this setup was designed around the 335 strut bar, and we are not sure if the 1/5/z series has the same bar profile (or under hood mounting space) but ideally the end user can use the pictures to guide them into deciding if this would work for them or not? Lastly the OCC support brackets can be rotated upside down if you do not want the RB Logo visible, although it is fairly subtle as it is all anodized the same color.

Going to try to gauge some interest to determine the size of our initial batch, all we have on hand are the 2 in the pictures. Let's make a list here, specifying which OCC bracket is desired and if basic hardware or a thumbscrew is preferred:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Thanks,
Rob

One for MM bracket for me please. Praise Jebus. Home Depot shit looks so ghetto it kills me each time I open the hood.
I'll order one right now if you up for it.

Dreyo27

Corporal
Nov 28, 2016
Sacramento
Ride
2007 335i 2008 535i
I don't think your cowl will be able to sit on top due to height restrictions. It will work well with the BMS cowl delete filters.

derekgates

Lieutenant
Feb 23, 2018
NW FL
derekgates.us
Ride
2011 335is
Yes! I really really wnat a better mounting setup for my catch can(s). Mishimoto and BMS.

100% on board for this as the BMS 'spare mount' doesn't hold the Mishimoto well (only one bolt holds it in). Both catch can styles and both hardware would be ideal for me. I can deal with standard hardware or thumbscrew; either works for me.

Rob@RBTurbo

Lieutenant
Dec 7, 2016
St. Louis, MO USA
www.rbturbo.com
Ride
'08 335i, '14 M6, '15 Tundra
The flatter the bolt/ screw, the more likely for success in a noise free set up.

That was the plan, but appreciate the heads up. Based on all of this we will likely try to find someone with an OE cowl and airbox looking to do both to arrange a quick install to ensure fitment is well before producing more. It may turn out there are some really distinct limitations that can avoid some customer issues, would be prudent to ensure 100% before moving too much more forward.

Rob

Reactions: SlowE93
Status
Not open for further replies.