Question for the upgraded 6MT guys...

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
Higher idle helps with smooth take offs. I can just lift my foot off the clutch without any gas if it's flat. Helped drivability and the only noise I get is when I press the pedal
I'm at 950rpm, I can also do that on flat ground if I'm careful. Its just getting used to it being an automated habit in traffic.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
Xclutch twin organic. No CDV.
Floating intermediate sound on clutch depression does not bother me at all. Engagement is very high and more sudden in the pedal release. I increased my clutch stop length to reduce the dead space and coded the clutch depressed to start out using ProTool. That made finding the engagement point easier. Installed for two weeks only so far, getting used to 1st gear take-off, less forgiving than stock. Other shifts are minimally different to stock.

What did you use to modify the stop? Also interested in the clutch start code out. Any downsides to doing this?

Reactions: jzx_andy

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
What did you use to modify the stop? Also interested in the clutch start code out. Any downsides to doing this?

I added spacers to my old bms clutch stop. You could just make one up with a bolt and nuts if you wanted. The plastic prong is quite long to add more spacers, but if you space out too far you can't start the car. There must be a switch under there but I couldn't be arsed looking for it upside down so I just found it in the protool app and disabled it.

Like Marty said, only downside is if you try starting with your car in gear....

GreyNBlueE92

Sergeant
Oct 3, 2018
OH
Ride
2007 E92 335i
The CDV can just be removed. There is enough slack in the line, it just plugs right in to the other end without it.

ShocknAwe

Captain
Jan 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
Ride
N54/3 1er ///Mutt
I added spacers to my old bms clutch stop. You could just make one up with a bolt and nuts if you wanted. The plastic prong is quite long to add more spacers, but if you space out too far you can't start the car. There must be a switch under there but I couldn't be arsed looking for it upside down so I just found it in the protool app and disabled it.

Like Marty said, only downside is if you try starting with your car in gear....

How many spacers are on your stop/,did you add to take out the bottom slack but still maintain full clutch in for shifting? I have the BMS stop.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
How many spacers are on your stop/,did you add to take out the bottom slack but still maintain full clutch in for shifting? I have the BMS stop.

i had 3 rubber spacers originally, and added 2 sets of 2 washers between those.
i'm not convinced about the longevity of the plastic prong with the additional length out and angle at which the clutch hits it, just a feeling, maybe it will snap one day. i just wanted to do a quick fix because the pedal stroke was throwing off my throttle / clutch timing.
a better solution would be a bolt of the appropriate diameter and 2x nuts that way making it infinitely adjustable to your liking and more durable.

with regards to full clutch in, just trial and error while in neutral - depress clutch and listen for the spinning intermediate plate. the spacing i used could easily be increased in my case, the clutch is free quite some way still but not annoyingly so.

rac

Sergeant
Nov 14, 2016
Australia
Ride
135i ST
20210111_090411.jpg

RuskiRacer

Captain
Jul 17, 2019
Ride
2009 e93 335i
I've had a spec 3+ and aluminum flywheel with the cdv and now without and I prefer how it feels with no cdv.