QNX Development for CIC

AstroZ

Lurker
Apr 17, 2021
Thanks for posting that Jim, very interesting to see how you got it work. Still very impressed :)

aus335iguy

Colonel
Nov 18, 2017
Down under
Ride
335i DCT 2009
I agree, i think Jim is selling himself short. This is exactly the sort of thing I would like in my car and would pay good money for even today. Sure the display needs some colour. But the functionality is there. I’m impressed !

kirvedx

Sep 26, 2021
New York
www.mmod.co
Ride
2006 BMW 530 XI
I was looking into the patcher and investigating the CIC system itself when I happened on this thread that had more interesting ambitions. I just registered and introduced myself so I could dig in here - I'm going to take some time to read through everything from the start and look around but I hope to be able to dig in and contribute as an engineer.

👊

Reactions: NoQuarter

veso266

Nov 19, 2020
Hi there, probably a noob question so sorry for that

I am realy tempted to play with this gears thing: https://www.spoolstreet.com/threads/qnx-development-for-cic.1821/post-16682

that @dolphin78 developed

well for start something that writes custom text and also captures input (like: You pressed X button full screen app, if someone already has something like this or I will have to figure out how to modify @dolphin78 example to write some custom text)

I am wondering if hard reboot to quit the app still works when the app is running (by holding the volume button in for 20-25 seconds continuously) if I have to kill slay -h HmiMain everytime I want to take full control of the user input)

since copie_scr.sh is my only acsess to the unit right now (no telnet or ftp uvailable) I am a bit afraid to get stuck in the app if I capture all the user input and no way to hard reboot the unit if I want everything back to normal

Thanks for Anwsering and Best Regards

Anile78

Nov 24, 2023
India
nregajobcardlists.org
Thanks for the code!

Even if we figure out all the aspects of QNX and CIC (like controls, audio and video), I imagine, developing apps natively on it would be quite time consuming, so my main goal is to get something like Apple CarPlay or Android Auto running on it and offload the rest development on to the smartphones. If not that, then I guess we could do something simple like video players or maybe pull Waze data and do notifications on speed traps, traffic jams etc. Either way - a lot of research and coding ahead. :)
Certainly! We appreciate your input on integrating Android Auto or CarPlay. While they offer convenience, their closed nature limits app development. Alternatively, enabling screen sharing/mirroring could be a more flexible solution.

zvahq

Mar 9, 2021
So, whats so special about it? Just aftermarket display/android or what i am missing in that video?