DIY Pwg to ewg

Boosted_f10

Aug 15, 2022
Hi guys new in here … im
Looking for some help with figuring out what to do … I recently had a engine replaced in my f10 535 it’s pwg … but the engine replaced is a ewg … car drives but of course not power from the turbos as they don’t wrk …. Can it be converted to ewg ? Or could I just do upgraded turbos …. The shop is giving me a hard time with getting the right engine in ….

Itspeat

Nov 12, 2022
Hey, I actually just finished up a job where I had to replace the engine of a PWG N55. The junkyard sent me an engine with EWG.

The fuel pump was different so I had to swap over the entire vacuum pump assembly and fuel pump as well as the harness from the original engine. Other than that, there wasn’t much more to do.

jooobie

Nov 16, 2022
Hey, I actually just finished up a job where I had to replace the engine of a PWG N55. The junkyard sent me an engine with EWG.

The fuel pump was different so I had to swap over the entire vacuum pump assembly and fuel pump as well as the harness from the original engine. Other than that, there wasn’t much more to do.

How did you program everything to works with your dme?

Reactions: houtan

Itspeat

Nov 12, 2022
How did you program everything to works with your dme?
I used the DME of the original car which was a PWG. So I didn’t have to code anything. There was is an additional sensor plug for the HPFP on the engine harness so the entire harness had to be used from the PWG car.

rVito

Dec 1, 2021
I used the DME of the original car which was a PWG. So I didn’t have to code anything. There was is an additional sensor plug for the HPFP on the engine harness so the entire harness had to be used from the PWG car.
but EWG turbo has an extra connection. Did you somehow adapt old harness for that?

rVito

Dec 1, 2021
also, could you please show a photo or an illustration of the additional sensor plug for the HPFP on the engine harness you mentioned?

rVito

Dec 1, 2021
and just to confirm - you did install the EWG turbo, right?