Pure Turbos, for the record...

[email protected]

Lurker
Platinum Vendor
Feb 16, 2018
10
41
0
Oceanside, CA
www.PureTurbos.com
Ride
135,335,M4,M5,M6
Hi all,

I've seen a lot of info floating around the N54 community. I want to add some clear info straight from the source.

1. We have not found any need for restriction orifices or high flow drains for N54, period. If you have clean oil, and OE drains which are not damaged (kinked or collapsed), you're good. However, there are common known engine problems that can cause symptoms that appear to be a need for these things, like excessive crankcase pressure from a cracked VC and etc. These are well documented issues for N54, and are often misdiagnosed. The high flow drains available from other companies are not required. However, they do appear to be a nice heavy duty product. Run them if it helps you sleep better. Buy new OE drains if you are simply concerned with function.

2. We have not found any linked weakness to brands of oil. As long as you're using a decent name brand oil, and not a generic autozone conventional or similar, you're good. Castrol, Mobil1, Torco, Motul, it all works great for 98% of customers. The other 2% are running true race cars, with extended sessions of constant load/heat. Those people should be running a high quality race oil.

3. There is no "industry wide TD04HL turbine issue". We use off the shelf TD04HL turbines (from multiple different vendors) in many other upgrades we build. 9 blade, 11 blade, and 12 blade. We use 9 blade most commonly. No issues...

4. Warranty. We do not, and have never "silenced" our customers. If a Pure customer is upset, and they post on the forums about their frustration, this does not void their warranty. Never has, never will. We take care of our customers. We always give the benefit of the doubt to the customer. We are grateful to be able to offer horsepower to our customers, therefore it is our duty to take care of the community passion that makes all of this possible. Customers who are treated well, are not upset, and don't post on the forums. Have we ever made a mistake? Yes. Of course. All the turbo shops on this forum have. Some more than others. That said, we do really really well, and failures are not common. We build an extremely strong turbo. We are building trusted McLaren, Benz, GTR, etc, upgrades for good reason. We know what we are doing.

Our current shop equipment:
3x CNC Vertical Mills
2x CNC Lathes
2x High speed VSR balancing machines
1x High speed component balancing machine
2x Low speed component balancing machines
1x Dynojet chassis dyno
2x Industrial level 3D scanners
1x Prototyping 3D printer
and other fun stuff...

Thank you and keep boosting!
-Jesse
Owner and CEO
Pure Turbos Inc.
 
Last edited:

Cswihart

New Member
Feb 3, 2018
9
2
0
Savannah GA
Ride
335i e92 FBO
Hi all,

I've seen a lot of info floating around the N54 community. I want to add some clear info straight from the source.

1. We have not found any need for restriction orifices or high flow drains for N54, period. If you have clean oil, and OE drains which are not damaged (kinked or collapsed), you're good. However, there are common known engine problems that can cause symptoms that appear to be a need for these things, like excessive crankcase pressure from a cracked VC and etc. These are well documented issues for N54, and are often misdiagnosed. The high flow drains available from other companies are not required. However, they do appear to be a nice heavy duty product. Run them if it helps you sleep better. Buy new OE drains if you are simply concerned with function.

2. We have not found any linked weakness to brands of oil. As long as you're using a decent name brand oil, and not a generic autozone conventional or similar, you're good. Castrol, Mobil1, Torco, Motul, it all works great for 98% of customers. The other 2% are running true race cars, with extended sessions of constant load/heat. Those people should be running a high quality race oil.

3. There is no "industry wide TD04HL turbine issue". We use off the shelf TD04HL turbines (from multiple different vendors) in many other upgrades we build. No issues...

4. Warranty. We do not, and have never "silenced" our customers. If a Pure customer is upset, and they post on the forums about their frustration, this does not void their warranty. Never has, never will. We take care of our customers. We always give the benefit of the doubt to the customer. We are grateful to be able to offer horsepower to our customers, therefore it is our duty to take care of the community passion that makes all of this possible. Customers who are treated well, are not upset, and don't post on the forums. Have we ever made a mistake? Yes. Of course. All the turbo shops on this forum have. Some more than others. That said, we do really really well, and failures are not common. We build an extremely strong turbo. We are building trusted McLaren, Benz, GTR, etc, upgrades for good reason. We know what we are doing.

Our current shop equipment:
3x CNC Vertical Mills
2x CNC Lathes
2x High speed VSR balancing machines
1x High speed component balancing machine
2x Low speed component balancing machines
1x Dynojet chassis dyno
2x Industrial level 3D scanners
1x Prototyping 3D printer
and other fun stuff...

Thank you and keep boosting!
-Jesse
Owner and CEO
Pure Turbos Inc.

Thank you for clarifying some of these topics of discussion. This came up recently with turbo failure due to feed or drain lines and I appreciate your insight.
 

weebles

Lurker
Nov 22, 2016
17
20
0
Canada
I'll vouch for this.

My turbos have been reliable, their customer service has been great and I haven't used anything but oem installation components.

Keep up the great work pure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: [email protected]

WedgePerformance

Specialist
Platinum Vendor
As a tuner, I see a lot of things most people don't see or read about as most people don't share thier bad experiences. Pure is one of the elite vendors in my opinion and they provide an excellent product and great customer service. The turbos are consistent in setup and performance which makes my life easy as they are extremely predictable. I have personally ran the Pure Stg2 N55 turbo which exceeded my expectations. After 10,000 miles, the boost still puts a smile on my face without any oil loss. I have a lot of customers running Pure turbos, all extremely happy with thier decision to run Pure turbos. I can't thank Jesse enough for all the hard work supporting the BMW community.
 

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
9,052
4,158
0
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I'd like to hear some feedback on the new billet VCs on how they hold up, hopefully no leaking etc.