- Oct 19, 2016
This month we are featuring Bimmer Life Tuning as they and SpoolStreet.com have agreed to GIVEAWAY a set of their currently unreleased Motorsport Ignition upgrade in our monthly raffle!
In addition to the raffle, Bimmer Life Tuning is opening up their online shop to accept pre-orders for a LIMITED BATCH of 20 coil kits which are estimated to be shipping May 8th! Any orders beyond the initial 20 will be shipped when available, with the next batch estimated to be shipping 2 weeks after the first. If the winner of the raffle already owns or has an existing order placed for a set of coils, they will be provided a refund or store credit. Here is a description of the upgrade:
The N54 platform has advanced very far in the last few years. With that has brought an increasing demand on the stock ignition system. High output N54's have to rely on reducing the gap significantly to prevent spark blow out. This in turn causes reduced drivability, poor fuel economy, and less power. This was simply unacceptable for us.
Our kit is completely plug and play and utilizes genuine Audi R8 coils, which are similar to the coils used in the BMW Motorsport program. These coils are "smart" coils, meaning they have a built in ignitor and current is no longer carried through the DME. This is important because at 15 amps the R8 coils draw more than double the current over the stock units. Most of us have heard of the Injector driver failures on msd80, by removing the heat caused by the ignition circuit it helps keep internal DME temperatures down, and reducing failures caused by temperature.
The tune will need to be modified and will be a flash time option through MHD, anyone using other methods of BEF please email us for instructions.
Some of you may know the face behind Bimmer Life Tuning as Alex Fuller, and we are very happy to host the raffle and product launch of the Motorsport Ignition coil upgrade here at SpoolStreet.com!
Here is a message from @[email protected]:
Bimmer LIFE Tuning is please to announce they will be participating in the May Giveaway! One lucky winner will receive our Motorsport Ignition upgrade. Tested at over 109mj output, this will allow you to run larger plug gaps without the dreaded spark blow out. Even completely stock users will see an improvement in smoothness, fuel economy and a slight increase in hp/tq throughout the midrange.
To reserve set of coils, please visit their website and place the order. Be sure to come back and finish entering the giveaway!
To win, you must do ALL THREE(3) things:
- Like the Bimmer LIFE Tuning Facebook page and share their giveaway announcement to your own page - click here: https://www.facebook.com/BimmerLIFETuning/posts/1441144222627598
- Comment in the N5X Enthusiasts giveaway post (View Pinned Post), click here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/permalink/1471706669547060/
- Participate in the raffle (Find it on our home page). You may enter as many times as you want! Each raffle ticket is 25 credits, you earn them by posting replies(5+), making threads(10+), referrals(25), etc. If you look at the top of the page and see you don't have enough credits or you run out, the above actions will generate more. To enter the raffle click here and register: https://www.spoolstreet.com/forums/raffles/
- Each winner will be vetted and required to answer a few questions to ensure integrity of the contest rules.
- SpoolStreet.com staff will verify the final winner is a member of N5X Enthusiasts and that the entrant meets the criteria listed here, if not a new winner will be chosen until the criteria is met. The winning entrant must respond and agree to the terms within 72 hours of the contest ending.
- Any charges, if any, related to shipping and handling are at winner's expense. The winner may not otherwise resell the prize within 6 months and must prove they have installed it on their own vehicle.
- This contest excludes SpoolStreet.com staff, ownership and vendor entities.
- An honest and detailed review with any applicable videos, photos of product and installation, logs and any other useful metrics which may be obtained, must be posted on this forum exclusively within 4 weeks of delivery of the contest prize. A detailed review with analytical references and media is expected. If you cannot ensure this, please transfer the winning rights to another eligible member who can.
- Terms are subject to change at any time. If contest staff determine there has been abuse of these rules, this agreement may be revoked and the prize may be requested to be returned or reimbursed. We reserve the right to disqualify an entrant for any reason.
- Due to the sometimes unpredictable nature of production, manufacture and logistics, delivery dates may be changed without prior notice.