Post your wreck Photo

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
So I'm not sure how many of you have been in accidents and lived to tell about them, but I thought it would be interesting to see and hear the tale.

Here is my 2007 E90 335i right after I parted it out and was going to sell it in 2010. I was drifting through an intersection and hit the light rail tracks. DSC was off and my car fish tailed a couple times and hit the curb sideways, tipping it over. For those in arizona, this is 19th ave and camelback heading northbound, kind of. Anyone who has been in the area, I'm the reason there was a utility box which went un-repaired for a year :(

Came out with only side airbag impact to the head, and hurt pride.

EioRB8d.png

Last edited:

Pepper135i

Lurker
Nov 8, 2016
San Jose
So I'm not sure how many of you have been in accidents and lived to tell about them, but I thought it would be interesting to see and hear the tale.

Here is my 2007 E90 335i right after I parted it out and was going to sell it in 2010. I was drifting through an intersection and hit the light rail tracks. DSC was off and my car fish tailed a couple times and hit the curb sideways, tipping it over. For those in arizona, this is 19th ave and camelback heading northbound, kind of. Anyone who has been in the area, I'm the reason there was a utility box which went un-repaired for a year :(

Came out with only side airbag impact to the head, and hurt pride.

EioRB8d.png
More interested in seeing the cars afterwards .. glad you were okay.

Reactions: doublespaces

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
E46 tboned by some teens that ran a stop sign and sped to try and make the light I was turning at

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    473.3 KB · Views: 325

Davidwarren

Corporal
Nov 6, 2016
Louisville
Damn! Gotta get that big brake kit! Good to see people at the real track though
brake ducting fixed it.
I blocked the driver side stock duct with an oil cooler (this was the first iteration- ), and the whole damn driver side brake was a total loss. Burned through a set of HT10s, bent the pad backing seized and bent the piston, killed the rotor... It was a long drive home from Putnam Park back to Louisville.

Haven't had a brake issue since ducting them. Run PFC-08 pads with SS lines and solid bushings.

Reactions: doublespaces

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
it does. at speed, under the front ends up being a high-pressure zone. Air dams and lips that are actual aero work to prevent that. But the pressure is there to direct to the brakes. In fact, I guess it would have an aero effect too! quarter pound of downforce!

Very nice, I intend to put an ATF cooler on the driver side and I wouldn't want any suspect brakes.

ATL-IS-N54

Sergeant
Nov 20, 2016
ATL ga
insurance 'cover' you?
Yeah, luckily I had/have full coverage on all my vehicles, as I couldn't prove the kids were speeding or had run a stop sign, as I was so shaken and more concerned with people's well being,
I did not take witness reports, altho looking back I should've, and the kid knew he messed up... You could tell by how he was acting... Apologetic and asking if he should "call his insurance", and I said, "well the police are going to look at this as a failure to yield on my part so I'll call my insurance..." Like I said looking back I had witnesses, but it was middle of rush hour and I was too shaken and concerned with the parties involved that did not take any... All 4 kids in the jeep Cherokee that hit me were acting super sketch tho, they knew that had fd up... One clear indication, and I still have yet to go to court for this and will bring it up, is that even with schreaching on the brakes for a solid two seconds, and still making a massive impact pretty clearly proves they were speeding at a very minimum

AzNdevil

Lieutenant
Staff member
Nov 4, 2016
Hong Kong
spirited drive, ran out of brakes, ran out of talent, went off a small cliff
rear end got wedged between trees and stopped the car falling further

got out with no injury at all

IMG_0717.JPG
IMG_0719.JPG