PI meth W/controller

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Had anyone attempted a PI set up with controller, ev14 injectors or whatever is most common and standard old sandwich plate of your choice just using meth not E85? And pumping from a separate tank ad well.. Its just a thought for guys like me that have limited E85 availability

I think the only hurdle or logistics problem would be to pre prime the pump under certain conditions.. May not even be needed once it's all bled out because the injectors pintel would be closed not allowing it to bleed down..

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
fuel-it has a port meth setup, they use some special injectors but I'm fairly certain those will gum up over time. Pretty sure that is an issue with most alcohol injected engines, require frequent servicing.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
fuel-it has a port meth setup, they use some special injectors but I'm fairly certain those will gum up over time. Pretty sure that is an issue with most alcohol injected engines, require frequent servicing.
I was unaware.. I guess I have to look into that as well! So it works just like I'm describing?

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
I don't really know how it works to be honest, just remember seeing something like that. @Dave @ Fuel-It! would really be a better person to ask the specifics.

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Being the thread is titled for exactly what you guys make and I had noooo clue at all! I thought I was a damn genius in the shower thinking away lol!
Maybe you could enlighten all of us a tad
What's different about the injectors vs a normal PI kit? Do they require and special maintenance or cleaning frequency? Any results esp CP meth vs PI before and after same car?
Pros
Distribution
Precision
Maybe a tad safer and less likely to leak

Cons
Price and um
Price lol

Dave@Fuel-It!

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
IL
Personally I don't see any downside to using our DPM setup

Some pros
- 2 injector size options
- kit can be converted to run e85, just need one of our fuel line upgrades
- much better flow control, & you have 6 solenoids to control & prevent flow.

- in regards to the injectors/maintenance- they're stainless and compatible with water and meth

doublespaces

Administrator
Oct 18, 2016
AZ
Ride
2009 E93 335i
Personally I don't see any downside to using our DPM setup

Some pros
- 2 injector size options
- kit can be converted to run e85, just need one of our fuel line upgrades
- much better flow control, & you have 6 solenoids to control & prevent flow.

- in regards to the injectors/maintenance- they're stainless and compatible with water and meth

It seems you were cooking this up before I thought about it, because about a week after I had a conversation with someone about this, you released this as a retail product. Anyway, I was deterred because whomever I spoke to(I cannot recall) told me that even with a stainless steel injector, you'll still be susceptible to the fuel gumming up/turning to gel etc. Is this not the case?