PI fuel feed review

Kenjermen

Sergeant
Nov 6, 2016
N las vegas NV
ive currently install a couple of PI systems and wanted to give a review on the installation aspect of it.

First the 3 I've done have been the fuel-it, mmp, and the EOS intake manifold.
All three systems where being controlled by AIC. As far as that goes the easiest one to install was from fuel-it due to it being already pined so there was no need in splicing/taping other wires and made it a cleaner solution. I recommend buy the controller from them and save yourself some time during the installation process.

Now on to the fuel feed to the rail. Once again the fuel-it lines where a much easier and cleaner set up to put in. MMP I had a problem with the rail stripped out, but due to their great customer service they fixed the issue in a timely manner. The reason they didn't beat the fuel-it out was simply the location of the feed line was in a weird spot.

Now on to the EOS manifold using their supplied fuel lines. This was the worst one, mainly to due with how the line connected to the rail by 2 different pieces causing more spots that could leak, and the line is a tad to long also where it connects to the factory hard line isn't a push on style but you have to screw the piece on once again another spot to leak.

Personally the EOS manifold with the fuel-it lines and controller are the best setup as for now, I haven't had the chance to mess with the new intake manifolds so I can't compare them.

All three systems work and you can't go wrong with them, this review was more on the installation side and to show if you mix different brands you can come up with a killer combo.

camberadam

Sergeant
Feb 15, 2017
Baltimore
Ride
Tasmin Green e92
I had a very similar thought process while comparing components. Fuel-it stage 3 lpfp > Fuel-it lines > Sharps manifold was the combo I went with.

Reactions: Kenjermen

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
I had a very similar thought process while comparing components. Fuel-it stage 3 lpfp > Fuel-it lines > Sharps manifold was the combo I went with.
That's the exact combo I'm roughly gonna land on.. Sharps manifold, fuel it lines with a stage 2 pump though /e50

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
I basically did the same, precision raceworks stage 3 lpfp, fuel it lines, sharps manifold. Looks great, works great, so far no issues with manifold gaskets. If that issue arises, i will utilize @Twisted Tuning phenolic spacer.

Reactions: Twisted Tuning

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Pics please
Engine bay is dirty, but i have jpworkz top mount, vrsf 7.5" fmic, er chargepipe, and sharps manifold

IMG_3819.JPG

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
Engine bay is dirty, but i have jpworkz top mount, vrsf 7.5" fmic, er chargepipe, and sharps manifold

Looks excellent I wanted polished too! All he had was black... How do you have your dual catch cans routed..
Sorry for the thread jack OP.. Your getting credits outta it lol

Bmwfixerguy1

Lieutenant
Jun 5, 2017
Ride
07 335i MT
How is the sharps manifold? I'm looking for something a bit lighter then the EOS. Also how does the flow rate compare

I can't ell you exacting cfm specs but comparing to a stock unit on a bench.

-Sharps runners are about 1.5 to 1.7 inches longer depending where you measure. With a phenolic spacer should be a legit 2" longer I'd think.

-I did not CC it yet but the sharps plenum looks massive compared to oem! But looks can be deceiving

-on the bench it looks glorious to be honest! Welds look amazing! It looks solid AF. Fuel rail fits perfect! Injectors fit snug ect ect.

-I have not installed yet but my initial impressions are can't go wrong, others say no real fitment issues with latest version so we will see. Oh and it's very light for what it is btw.

-I look at it like this. A correct location for fuel injectors.. Any other benefit it might add is a plus that's all..

If you want any More info feel free to ask I had a lot of questions before I took the jump to! I'll be happy to answer what I can :)

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
Looks excellent I wanted polished too! All he had was black... How do you have your dual catch cans routed..
Sorry for the thread jack OP.. Your getting credits outta it lol
I have an rb external pcv with a mishimoto catch can routed the way they show and a bms catch can vta. With the sharps manifold i can now put a port for vacuum on the bms, I've just been lazy.

Last edited:

Sshec152

Corporal
Nov 3, 2016
Aston pa
How is the sharps manifold? I'm looking for something a bit lighter then the EOS. Also how does the flow rate compare
The sharps manifold is very nice especially for the price. I don't think anyone has done a flow comparison but injector spray appears to be optimized as well as cylinder runners. It fits great and looks great.